Chapter 2- A Sense of Tranquility

(Okay, just before the chapter, I wanna say, this is SUPER long. I get carried away with my writing sometimes 😅 just... prepare yourself because this is very long)

Hanako woke up by accident after rolling over and forgetting it was a small bed. Her head hit the wooden floor, but somehow nobody else heard that or woke up.

She rubbed her eyes and yawned. She then got up and tried to ignore the pain of the back of her head. It was still dark outside, but the sun was going to rise soon... probably. Hanako tried to look for a clock to check the time and had to go down the hallway, as there wasn't one in the room. 

On the way, she bumped into Kiyo. "Oh, sorry!" She apologised. Kiyo looked up at her. "Don't worry Miss Hanako, I'm fine! I just wanted to check on you since I heard a thump on the ground."  Hanako felt kind of bad and offered to make some tea for her.

"It is okay you don't need to-" but Kiyo was cut off by Hanako already heading towards the kitchen. It was well-lit, so she could actually see now. As she boiled the water, she looked up at the clock. '4 AM? I really need a better sleep schedule. Or to just... not fall out of bed like an idiot.'

Kiyo stood at the doorway and Naho and Sumi joined her, both clearly tired. "Oh, all of you? Well, that's okay, I made a bit too much anyway." Hanako smiled. The girls seemed very happy as she handed them their tea. "Thank you so much Miss Hanako!!" 

"You don't have to call me 'Miss' you know?" She reminded them. But the girls continued to call her Miss after anyway. As the girls sat in the kitchen drinking tea, she left to go look for her sword. 'I think I left it at the door? Or maybe next to the bed...'

As much as she tried to be quiet, she ended up waking up one of her friends. Ryu was just barely awake before he heard someone enter the room. He sat up and saw a girl with long hair at the doorway. "Hanako?"

She flinched and cursed at herself for waking someone up. "Dangit. Hi, Ryu." She whispered. "Why are you awake this early?" He got up from his bed and joined her at the door. "I just... woke up." She didn't want to tell him about how she actually woke up, that was dumb on her part.

"Okayyy.... well, what are you doing?" He asked. "Looking for my sword. Might as well do some training if I'm not gonna do anything." "Fair enough. I'll help you look, we can train together!"

She smiled, though it was a bit dark to see that. They eventually found both their swords and it was already 5 AM. The sky was now a lighter shade of blue, though the stars were still visible. They went to the garden and stood a few feet apart. 

"Okay, ready?" Ryu asked, readying his sword. Hanako nodded and the two immediately began fighting. The silent early morning was disturbed with the quiet sound of clanging metal swords hitting each other.

------------------------------------------

Masako put her sword in its sheath and looked back at her siblings. She gave her youngest sister a kiss on the forehead and pulled up the blankets her two brothers had kicked off. She then left their room and went to the kitchen where she found her grandma. "Leaving this early hon?" 

"We have an important mission later and I gotta train with some friends." She replied, picking up her white haori from the counter. "Understood. Well, your mother left you some breakfast. She knew you would leave early." Masako looked over at the counter again and saw a small wooden box.

"She didn't have to waste precious time with that. She knows i can wait a while to eat there." Masako frowned. She didn't like it when her mother wasted time on her since the kids needed more care than she did. "You need to eat something, dearie. I spoke with Suzume, she told me you only eat when your friends remind you. You need to be less tightly-wound."