Chapter 5

"I swore on our love

"I swore on our love. I will avenge your death, Suguru."

................

"Sugu senpai, this is for you." She extended the neatly wrapped cookies, she had spent hours preparing it. Her cheeks were dusted with a light tint. "I made some cookies."

"I didn't— I mean, it's not that sweet. I know, you don't have a very sweet tooth like Satoru." She explained, when the black haired man simply stared down at the cookies. His lips stretched in a smile.

"Thank you." He accepted it.

Her eyes creased in the shape of a crescent moon as she smiled brightly at him. "Your welcome, Sugu senpai."

His heart beat paced up as he watched her in complete silence, a red hue dusting his cheeks. He knew, she was his best friend's fiancé. Yet he could not help the feelings swelling in his heart whenever she was around him. The warm fuzzy feeling, like the welcoming warmth of spring.

"I should get going... bye." She waved at him and run off.

He watched her till she disappeared inside the building. He gazed down at the cookies. The moments she has spent with him flash in his mind like a cinematic record. Her bright smiles, her sweet voice and her mesmerising eyes. She had always came up to him for help or advice for her upcoming missions. And it was how they slowly became close.

He was completely unaware, the advice and help were just an excuse for the young girl to talk and spend time with him. She had liked him every since she had laid eyes on him.

He let out a sigh.

What was he going to do with his growing feeling for his best friend's fiancé?

..........................

"Suguru." Satoru walked inside the room of his best friend, without even having the decency to knock on his door. The room was empty. It was neat and organised like always. While the sound of the shower could be heard indicating Geto was in the bathroom.

He invited himself in and plopped down on the bed. He looked around, sucking on the lollipop in his mouth. His eyes soon laid on a packet of neatly wrapped cookies placed on the study table. As shameless as he was, he stood up and decided to help himself with the cookies. Even ready to tease Suguru with whoever had gifted him the cookies however he stopped dead on his track when he read the tiny note attached to it.

Sugu senpai,

I hope you like the cookies:)

There was only one person who called Suguru with that name.

The door of the bathroom creaked opened and Suguru walked out of the shower, drying his wet hair. He stopped on his track when he saw Satoru standing near his study table motionless, his back facing him.

"Satoru, didn't I told you to knock the door before entering others room?" He reminded. The said man turned to him.

"Suguru...say who gifted you these cookies?" He wriggled his eyebrows, putting on his goofy front on.

"Ah... y/n gave it to me."

"Can I have some?"

"When did you begin to ask permission? And didn't she gave you one?" The black haired man said, sitting down on the bed.

"You are so mean to me, Suguru." The said man whined. "And she didn't give me one." He pouted. "That gremlin." He did not know, but it wounded his heart to know she gave handmade cookies to Suguru. However, he tried to shrug it off. It was nothing. It was not like he like her in a romantic way.

He took a bite of the cookie. It wasn't as sweet as a cookie should be. For some strange reasons, the cookies suited Suguru taste buds. Satoru knew his best friend enough to know he did not have a very sweet tooth like him. Could it be?

His eyes darted to stare at Suguru behind his thick dark glasses.

She made these cookies with Suguru's taste in mind.

"Does it not taste to your liking?" Suguru asked, when the white haired man remain quiet.

"It's not sweet enough. Strange." He voiced out his thoughts.

A smile spread on Suguru face. "Y/n said she made the cookies according to my sweet tolerance."

So his guess was right. Satoru crack a smile. "When did you guys get so close? I hardly saw the two of you interact."

"Are you jealous, Satoru?" Suguru teased. "That y/n gave me cookies. I didn't know you were the type to get jealous over such trivial stuff."

"Who said I am jealous? It's not like I love her or anything." He refuted, he was clearly upset over it. Suguru turn his full attention to his friend.

"Aren't both of you engage?"

Satoru huffed. "It's not like we wanted to. It was decided by the elders."

A chuckle rumbled out of Suguru lips, as he recollect the words the young lady had told her when they first met.

"What's so funny?"

"I just remembered something y/n told me when we first met." Suguru replied honestly, drawing the curiosity of his acquaintance.

"What did she say?"

"She said both of you intend to get a divorce after a few years of your marriage since both of you aren't interested in each other romantically , when I had asked her if she was the y/n l/n who was betrothed to you." He let out another laugh. "Do you guys really intend on carrying out that plan?"

It was really what both of them had planned on doing so. Then why did it hurt him to know she said those words to Suguru?

"Yeah..." he responded.