CHAPTER 18

"I guess, you never knew me at all to begin with

"I guess, you never knew me at all to begin with."

................

The startling confession was enough to sober up y/n who had always lived in a daze after the demise of her lover. Night and day seemed the same to her. So did the bright sun and the moon. It was like the colours in her life had been drained from her life.

"..."

Silence swept the room. Satoru simply stared into her eyes, his beautiful blue eyes, which even put the sky to shame, begged her to love him even a little. Maybe even open up her heart a little for him so he could squirm in. But how could a shattered heart open up a space for another to stay?

There was no room for herself in her heart, let alone someone else. It was like Suguru took her heart with him to the depths of the underworld along with him.

She slipped her hands free from his. His eyes wavered and brimmed with tears as she slipped her hands away from his hold. He tried to cling onto her soft cold hands but failed to.

"You love me, Satoru?" She asked, almost in disbelief. Her lime hues demanded for an honest answer.

He breathed out. "Yes. I do."

She remained silent while countless thoughts ran through her mind.

The silence aggravated the fear in Satoru's heart. Was she going to push him away? But at least she wouldn't remember a thing about it the next day. They could return to being their usual self. But could he? After she denies to even give him a chance. Would he be able to live on knowing she'd never love him even a little? He knew that she would never love him like she love Suguru but it'd hurt more to have her confirm it.

"Then will you marry me, Satoru?" She finally spoke out. His mouth dried up and his throat felt perched. While his eyes widened to the size of saucers. "You said you love me. So marry me. Love me."

"I'll learn to love you with the passage of time." She continued after a pause. "If time really do heal a shattered heart." She gazed down at him to meet his eyes. "Is your love strong enough to withstand my past? You know very well, how much I love Suguru. So do you think you can make me love again? If so, I'd gladly accept your hand and vow to be yours."

She was not drunk enough to not know the gravity of her words. She was very much sober and in full control of her mind and body. From the moment, Satoru had told her he wished to confess something, she had hold herself from drowning in the beautiful lure of the liquor. There was something deep in her heart which told her she needed to be wide awake when he were to spell those words, he wished to confide in her. Moreover, she had found it unusual for a man who had greatly distaste her drinking habits to covet for her to drink till she could not remember a soul.

"So Satoru, what do you say?" She asked. If to avenge Suguru's death, she had to marry the white haired sorcerer, it was a price she was willing to pay. Her heart was already with Geto and what remains in her was just a void. So, in the end she was just offering a shell of herself to Gojo.

"I can wait for eternity if you'd be mine, y/n." He responded and grab a hold of the sides of her thighs with his firm hand. "You wouldn't forget about it though... promise me you wouldn't turn away from your words..." he had waited all these years for an opportunity as such. For her to give him a chance to prove his love for her and make her return his feelings.

"I won't." She answered.

He took away her lover from her. Now that she knew who he was hopelessly in love with for all these years. She intend to do the same to him.

Take away his lover from him.