CHAPTER 8

"I swore on our love, I will avenge your death, Suguru

"I swore on our love, I will avenge your death, Suguru."

.............

"Are you still not done mourning over him?" Mr L/n asked, a line of visible frustration on his temple. It has been months since the dead of the black haired sorcerer yet she refused to tie the knot with Satoru.

"Satoru is still mourning." She replied, her eyes casted down. She had not met eyes with her father after the death of her lover. It was like she had lost the last ounce of love and affection she held for his father since Suguru died. Her father hated Geto. He was the one who kept her away from him when he needed her the most.

"Mourning over the dead won't bring them back to life."

She tightened her grip on the sword she held on her lap.

"I expected more from Satoru."

He didn't even care about what she might be going through. But what did she even expect from someone who just owe the name of a father but could never live upto it.

She stood up from her seat. "I expected more from Satoru too, father." Her mind flashed the memories of her on her knees, completely shattered upon realising it was Satoru who killed the only one she love. "I shall take my leave." She turned and walked out of the door without even stopping to hear her father.

Every breath that she took felt like she was inhaling a deadly gas. The jujitsu high which once ringed with her laughter only pained her now. Every nook and corner reminded her of Suguru. Her father might have thought her love for the black haired man was simply a passing fling of a teenager.

However, it was not.

Suguru was her first love. He was her 'koi no yokan' when she first met him. She love her with all her heart and even when he left jujitsu high. Even after being apart from him for ten long years, her love had not wavered. She love him as much as she did before. And even now when he was gone, her heart still continued to beat for him.

There really is not a love like first love. At least for her. Cause maybe this might be the first and last time she love a man.

She pulls out the lighter from the insides of her trousers. Her eyes brim with overflowing love yet sorrow perfectly foretelling the tragic end of her first love.

"Y/n." A familiar voice called out. An all too familiar voice she least wanted to hear. She wrapped her fingers around the lighter and hid it within her palm.

"Satoru." She turned, a fake smile plastered on her serene countenance.

He adorned his usual attire with the blindfold. The blindfold made it more tolerable for her to bear him. As much as she now despised to meet eyes with her father, she felt the same for Satoru. He was the one who murdered Geto after all.

"Came to meet the old man?" He questioned, his hands on his pockets. She nodded her head in response as if he could see her.

"Yes." She placed her sword down on the bench and sat down. Her lips curved in an almost melancholic smile. "He is still pressing on about the marriage." She turned to look at him. "Maybe we might really have to go with the plan we had in mind all along."

Satoru knew what plan she meant. It was the stupid plan they had made when they were young to get married and divorce later and live their life like they wanted to. The plan had seemed very perfect then but now it didn't that he love her and didn't wish to part ways with her. She was the only one he could hold onto now. Suguru was dead. He killed him with his own two hands. He had no option.

"Mmmh... yeah." He responded otherwise though. "If it comes to it. But I am sure the situation doesn't call for it yet." He plops down on the seat beside her. He wanted to tie the knot with her but not in this way. Not when she would drift away from him after that.

"Yes." She agreed. "I am glad to know we still have it as the last card up our sleeves." She threw her head back to gaze up at the wide sky. "The years haven't change us."

Satoru pulled down his blindfold to stare at the sky too. The stars were starting appear on the dark skies.

"Neither have they." She continued. "They still want a child." She shut her eyes. Her lips curled up in a toothy grin. "Satoru... why don't you knock up some of the so called bitches of yours and get a child. It might save us from this marriage."

Those words hurt him even if she was simply teasing him. It was a reminder he didn't mean the same to her as she meant to him.