CHAPTER 9

"Can I at least love you from afar?"

............

Satoru pulled up his blindfold. He found it hard to meet her lime hues, which foretold a tragic tale he was the cause of, and he couldn't bear to gaze at it without feeling the crushing weight of guilt. Of course, he did not murder Suguru on his own will. He had no option but to get rid of him. He was his one and only best friend. He would have not done what he had committed, if he could.

But it was not possible.

He had remained blind eyed to the countless crimes of his best friend for ten years. Hoping he would return back just like y/n believed. But he never did and so he had no option but kill him with his own two hands even if it pained him a lot.

However, the truth that he murdered Suguru was kept a secret from Y/n on his request. He did not wished her to know about it. Not only because it would completely shatter her to pieces but also because he was afraid she might end up despising him. He was very well aware about her unfailing love for his best friend. She had continued to love him throughout the ten years and still now after his death.

He really didn't stand a chance, did he?

"Don't be so harsh on me. You wound my heart, y/n-chan." He replied to her teasing to have a child out of wedlock with one of his so called bitches to break off their engagement. "Y'know I'm not like that, I am an innocent man." He really did not have any other women in his life. How could he? When he was in love with his childhood friend. His very first friend whom he had grown to love so much over the course of years despite knowing full well she could never love him back.

"Stop being dramatic, Satoru. I don't get paid to bear with your melodramatic ass."

"But my ass is juicy."

"Your ass is flat."

He gasped. "You didn't!"

"I did and is the truth. Satoru, the truth is always bitter." She replied with a sly smirk.

"You are just jealous of my ass."

"I wish, I could. But it's non existent." She responded, she flip her hair behind. "Kento got a whole bakery out there. You should try asking him to donate some to you."

"I see..." a smug look appear on his handsome visage. "I didn't know you were such a pervert, y/n chan. Might I say I am baffled to see this new side of yours?"

Y/n deadpanned.

He clapped his hand. "Why don't I go inform Nanamin that you think his ass is a whole bakery."

"Satoru..."

"Hahaha Na-na-miiiiii." He ran off, swinging his arms like a little kid.

Y/n stood from her seat and chased after the man. She knew Kento would not believe a word of it especially since it's coming out from the mouth of the troublemaker. Yet, she walked after him to make sure Nanami truly do not believe it.

"Satoru..." she called behind him.

He just bend a little and hit his ass in response. "Talk to my A double S."

"Hmphhh." Principal Yaga let out a cough. An awkward silence swept over the place. The principal had been passing by with the second year student and unfortunately happened to witness the scene just in front of them much to their dismay.

"I can't believe y/n sensei is engaged to Gojo sensei." Maki voiced out in a hush tone to her fellow classmates.

"Maybe this is some kind of gesture...a gesture of affection." Yuta tried to defend Gojo. He stuttered at the end seeming very unsure himself. His three other mates side eyed him like he had just said the most offensive and disgusting thing ever in the history of mankind.

"Yooo principal Yaga. How'd you doing?" Gojo broke the silence, raising his hand to wave at him as if he had not just slap his own ass before his eyes to his fiancé. "Yahoo Okkutsu-kun, Maki, panda, inumaki-kun!" He waved at the others too upon noticing them, completely forgetting about the principal. Tears welled up in his eyes and he threw himself on them, receiving an irritated look from Maki.

"Y/n chan being so rude to me. Can you believe what she just told me? She said—" just on time the said woman slapped her hand on his mouth and pulled him away.

"He is just high."

"Mmmmmtjdiyjkfjkkj."

"You are high. Now please excuse us. I will put him to rest— ack!" She let go of her hand over his mouth. "Ew! Satoru!" She turn to him with an unbelievable look on her face. "Did you just lick my hand?!"

The white haired man stuck out his tongue in response.

"I think we should excuse ourselves." Panda said, watching the couple.

"Sake (salmon)."