CHAPTER 7

"I swore on our love, I will avenge your death, Suguru

"I swore on our love, I will avenge your death, Suguru."

..............

Y/n knew the path the love of her life has chosen was wrong. So wrong. Even if she wish she could not trade the path with him. She love him so much, it pain her to see him walk down the route to destruction. And she blamed herself each and everyday. If only she was there for him during his hard times.

She failed him.

However, she never lose hope. She believed that he would return back to the light. He was a good man after all. And when he return, she swore on her very own life that she would fight anyone so he would not be persecuted by the jujitsu high elders. Even it meant she had to go against her own clan.

She tightened her grip over the lighter. It was his. The only thing she had of his which she could hold onto apart from the memories she had shared with him.

"For someone who doesn't smoke, you hold that lighter everywhere." Mei Mei commented, taking a glance at the silver lighter in her hand. No one was aware of her love for Suguru Geto except her own fiancé, Shoko, Nanami, her father and herself. Her father had gone the extra mile to keep it a secret while she had kept it discreet too from the start as she didn't wanted anyone to know. Especially her father, fearing the worst. "Is it worth a lot?"

Y/n lips curled up a little. Her lime hues foretold a sad tragic tale, the materialistic acquaintance of her would never be able to read. "Yes. A lot." She replied and slipped it inside the warm confines of her trousers.

"Mmhhh..." her comrade hummed in response. She had seen the lighter quite a good number of times since the past almost ten years. Every single time she was on a mission with y/n, she had the lighter with her. It was as if it was a part of her she couldn't go without and it peeked her curiosity over the worth of the lighter. "Did your fiancé gifted it to you?" It was a known fact that Satoru bagged a lot of money and they have been engaged since they were born so it wouldn't be a surprise if he was showering her with expensive gifts.

"Satoru..." she said his name and a chuckle soon escape her lips. "He is only capable of gifting me with diabetes and migraine."

How she wished he was only capable of gifting her those. And not immense pain and betrayal.

Cause the rage and betrayal she felt when she sensed his curse energy where Suguru had breathed his last knocked her on the ground and she almost felt her heart break. Pools of tears streamed down her eyes but no sob escape her lips. Her mind was blank and her body numb with pain and betrayal. The student, she had love and guided like her own child and the childhood friend whom she had trusted and cared for had ended the life of her lover. Her one and only love.

Memories of her confiding her feelings to Satoru flashed in her mind. The many times she had told him about how she believed Suguru would come back. That she will try his level best to bring him back to the right path and they would one day again return to living like they used to. Her hands clenched in a tight fist, turning her knuckles white.

"I swore on our love, I will avenge your death, Suguru." Her tears turn into blood and dripped from her chin onto the cold ground.

And this was how it all started.