Part 8:- The Light at The End of The Tunnel

Pov:- Spider-Man

My head feels heavy... my eyes feel drowsy... my body feels weak "Uh... where the hell am I?" I start to wake, I open my eyes and I am now getting up

Then I hear Gwen "Oh Thank God he is ok!" 

Through my mask I see The Captain, Gwen, Mrs. Stacy, Harry and Michelle looking at me with with worried look on their faces. I turn my head around and I realize that I am right now in the Stacy's apartment, I then look at the Captain

"You guys were not attacked right?" I asked

"No we were not... but we did worry a lot" as he said that holds both of my shoulders "Spider-Man... Thank you for everything ! I don't know what would have happened to us-"

"Hey hear me out first..." I get up and sit upright "I helped you because this happened because of me. I am working with you for the past few months... I hand you over criminals and you give me tips of crimes that I can stop, Kraven did what he did because he wanted to get to me through you. I should have worked alone... I am sorry to let any of this happen"

"Look you don't need to apologize" Gwen comes forward and sits next to me "You do not need to blame yourself nor need to apologize... if you wanted you could have backed out saying that the fight with that Kraven guy made you physically unable to do this-"

"Yea a lot of my bones are still broken because of that... he really did a number on me that day"

"That is what I am saying... you are still injured but took part of this. It just shows that you are a selfless man willing to help anyone, these quality's I just said now is the reason kids, teens, adults and elders look up to you. So don't blame yourself for anything" Under the mask my eyes start watering up...

"As much as I hate to admit I will say" Michelle walks towards me "We could not have done this without you" She smiles

"I love this sweet moment right now but..." Harry interrupts "Quick question... Why in the living hell were you tranquilized if you guys were not even attacked"

Everyone looks at me for an answer "I was hiding behind the trees when you guys got in and just as you guys drove off from the Triskelion... Kraven jumped on me and started pulling me away as he had tied a rope to my neck" Everyone in the room got shocked hearing this "As he was choking me he said that I passed his first test... With this one he just wanted to test my strategic abilities and how do I get out of this situation" 

"Then what did he say" Michelle asks

"He said that don't think this is over... next time he will test whether I can get to the right place at the right time..."

"What does he mean by that?" Captain Stacy asks

"Does anyone have that tranquilizer?" I asked everyone in the room

"I took it just in case..." says Michelle as she take out the dart from her pocket

I take the dart from her hand and start to look at it closely "I will have to go back to my workshop and analyze it-"

"But why analyze it its just a tranquilizer?" she asks

"Usually these things don't affect me, even that day when he had knocked me out with a smoke bomb after saving J.J. should not have affected me... he must be using a very high dose."

"How high should it be?" Captain Stacy asks

"High enough to kill an elephant..."

"A word of advice son..." Mrs. Stacy interrupts "Go to your workshop... and take some rest, you deserve it" Everyone else also start saying the saying the same thing

"Even if I wanted to I can't-"

"The police will take care of the city, come on take an off for at least a day" Cap pats my shoulder

"I don't know about a day but a few hours will do anyways it's 6:55 am right now... we all need some sleep" Everyone nods in agreement. 

I say my good byes to everyone and I walk toward the window to leave, but I remember that my webshooters are empty "I guess I will have to walk it off" 

"Hey web head... here is your backpack" Harry throws my bag "And also don't keep carrying your web formula everywhere" 

MY WEB FORMULA... IT WAS IN THIS BAG 

I open the bag up and I first see the paper where the formula was written... and two web cartridges?

"Who made-"

"Don't mention it" Gwen smiles, I think for a second that how did she make it so quickly? Then I remember that she is also a science nerd like me

Just as she said that I wave goodbye to them and dive from the building to start swinging

I am swinging right now and I am only thinking about how thankful they were to me, the smiles I see on their faces is one of the reasons why I continue to be Spider-Man. Of course I am not a fan of this job but... after helping someone and seeing a smile on their faces does means a lot. 

This validation I have gotten from them has given me genuine happiness... 

"May... if this is the gifts I will be getting for the responsibilities you told me about, then I will always be thankful to you..."

From this point onwards along with taking things forward with Kraven I will also start building the character relations more stronger...