Deal With the Devil

Three days passed and I find myself in a carriage heading towards the manor of Moriarty. Carriage rides were rather rough at times or just bumpy enough that it would do a number on anyone who gets motion sickness. I would've read a book had it not been for the ride.

I look out the carriage, today was the world's definition of a gloomy day. A fog had taken over the sun's light. Though it wasn't bad enough that it was difficult to see and navigate through.
I wonder if they were able to calm down mother. She was crying when I left and worried in general. Haaa, she's always been like that, I guess it's why I can find myself anticipating my return...

The ride continued for a while longer before coming into a halt. I glance at the carriage door until it's open by the coachman.
"Young master"
I give him a brief nod before grabbing a suit case, standing up, and exiting the carriage.
"Thank you"

"It is my duty, young master"

I chuckle before shaking my head
"No need to be so modest"
The coachman smiles before tending back to his business.

Time to greet the Moriarty family.
I turn around and start heading to where the family stood. The manor was just like any other noble manor, luxurious as a way to flaut their money. It quite easy to tell that my father's request for a relationship between their children and me has shook them up, a chance for more power and money. I take off my hat and place it atop of my chest, bowing before them.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, Earl Moriarty along with Mrs. Moriarty, Albert James Moriarty, and William James Moriarty."

Nervous laughter erupts from the two adults.
" There's no need to be so humble"
The Earl says as his wife nods along.
I expected such a reaction considering the class ranking. The power of a Duke is more than a Earl's power.
I glance at the two boys, studying them for a quick second and offering a smile when we made eye contact.
The older of the two is more hesitant to initiate... Judging by the information I was given, it must be that. While the younger seems to be oozing with nervousness and excitement of being a friend of the son of a Duke.

"How about have Albert show you around?"
The younger just lightly mumbles something while the older surprised at his mother's proposal.
"Yes, mother"
A hint of reluctance in his voice he clearly tries to hide. I simply nod, I turn around to still see the carriage still there.

"Let's take the carriage I came from, I rather not trouble you and I'm quite sure the gentleman won't mind it."

"What a wonderful idea, young master! I wish the two of you a nice outing!"
... In this weather? Albeit it's perfect weather for... many other things but touring? I disagree.
I simply smile as I gesture the older boy to follow me. I turn and start heading towards the carriage, stopping right before the coachman.

"Sir, I apologize for troubling you further but may you take us else where? Of course, you'll be compensated for the trouble."

"Ah, sure, go on ahead"
I nod and enter the carriage before the older boy does. He had informed the coachman where we were to head to before joining me.

The beginning of the ride was quiet for the most part until I broke the silence.
"I should introduce myself, shouldn't I? My name is (Y/N) von Rosenborne. I rather we drop the formalities unless we are accompanied by adults. I'm sure they'll reprimand you in the end."

" Of course, (Y/N). I'll be sure to remember that. "
He offers a smile as he speaks but it's quite obvious it's for pleasantries. A moment of silence passes again, making the other feel a bit awkward by it.

"So, Albert... You seem to be not so fond of your family. I already have a few guesses why but the main one that sticks out is that you and your family don't see eye to eye, hm?"
The same smile I hold on my face throughout every word I speak. The 'genuine' smile on my face no longer holding it's meaning. His smile drops and his eyes widen.
Ah, looks like he has seen a ghost
"Don't bother answering that, I already reach a conclusion"
Good, I was correct. Perhaps I can make him loyal to me using this unless someone has hooked him in...