9

The room was dimly lit by a single candle, casting flickering shadows on the walls as Chaeng sat on her bed, surrounded by her shattered dreams. Her belongings were packed in suitcases, ready to leave Sylvania.

Tears flowed freely down her cheeks, and her sobs filled the room as Eun sat beside her, her arm around Chaeng's trembling shoulders. "Chaeng, it's going to be okay," Eun whispered, her voice filled with empathy.

Chaeng's cries were choked with sorrow as she clung to Eun, seeking solace in her friend's presence. "I've ruined everything. I've disappointed my family, I've let you guys down, and I've lost the chance to prove myself here."

Eun's grip tightened, offering silent support. "It's never too late to work on yourself, honey."

Chaeng's fingers clenched the fabric of Eun's shirt, her voice strained. "But Sylvania was my chance to get into the ballerina academy. I was supposed to make a difference, to prove that I could rise above the expectations set for me."

Eun's eyes softened with compassion as she wiped away Chaeng's tears. "And you still can, Chaeng. This setback doesn't define you."

Chaeng's gaze dropped to the suitcases, her heart heavy with regret. "I should've been more careful. I should've listened to you and not sneaked out to meet Jungkook."

Eun sighed softly, her voice gentle. "Blaming yourself won't change what's happened. We need to focus on finding a way forward now."

Chaeng's breath trembled as she nodded, the weight of her mistakes crushing her spirit. "You're right, I guess. I need to face the consequences now."

Eun's comforting presence offered a glimmer of hope amidst the darkness. "And no matter what happens, I'll be here for you, Chaeng. Don't you ever worry when Eun is here"

As Chaeng leaned into Eun's embrace, she felt a mix of sorrow and comfort. Her shattering dreams of becoming a ballerina kept revolving inside her head.

A soft knock on the door roused Eun from her position beside Chaeng. With a gentle sigh, she stood up and crossed the room to answer it. As she pulled the door open, Rosé's concerned expression greeted her.

"Hey," Rosé said softly, her eyes filled with empathy. "I heard what's been happening. How's Chaeng holding up?"

Eun's tired eyes met Rosé's, gratitude evident in her gaze. "It's been tough. She's devastated, but I'm trying to support her."

Rosé stepped into the room, glancing at Chaeng, who sat on the bed, her tear-stained face a reflection of her emotional devastation. "Chaeng," Rosé said gently, her voice filled with compassion, "I'm so sorry you're going through this."

Chaeng looked up, her eyes red and puffy, but a flicker of surprise crossed her features as she registered Rosé's presence. "Rosé? How did you...?"

"I heard from a friend," Rosé explained, her concern deepening. "I know how much the levitating course meant to you, and I want to help in any way I can."

Eun gave Rosé an appreciative nod, stepping closer to Chaeng as they formed a united front. "That's really kind of you, Rosé."

Rosé smiled warmly, sitting down beside Chaeng. "Look, I can try talking to Jungkook. He's my brother's friend, after all, and maybe he can convince his grandmother to give you another chance."

Chaeng's eyes widened, hope mingling with disbelief. "Wait, really? You'd do that for me?"

Rosé nodded earnestly. "Of course. And you deserve it, Chaeng."

Eun's voice was touched as she said, "Rosé, thank you. It means a lot to us."

Rosé waved off the gratitude, her expression sincere. "Don't mention it. We're all in this together."

Chaeng's lips quivered, emotions swirling within her. "I... I don't even know how to thank you, Rosé."

Rosé reached out, placing a comforting hand on Chaeng's shoulder. "You don't have to. Just promise me that you'll stay strong and keep fighting for what you want."

Chaeng nodded, a renewed determination shining in her eyes. "I promise."

---

Rosé's footsteps were purposeful as she stormed into the common room where Jungkook, Jimin, and Taehyung were lounging. Her expression was a mix of frustration and anger, and there was no hiding the fire in her eyes.

"Jungkook," she snapped, her voice sharp and demanding attention.

Jungkook's eyebrows lifted in surprise as he sat up, exchanging a quick glance with Jimin and Taehyung. "Hey, what's got you all fired up?"

Rosé crossed her arms, her irritation evident. "You, Jungkook. You've really done it this time."

Jungkook's confusion deepened, and he leaned forward. "Okay, hold on. Start from the beginning. What's going on?"

Rosé took a deep breath, her frustration simmering. "Because of your little rendezvous with Chaeng in the garden, she's in trouble now."

Jungkook's eyes widened, a mixture of shock and guilt crossing his features. "Wait, what? Trouble? What happened?"

Rolling her eyes, Rosé recounted the events, her words dripping with exasperation. "She's been caught sneaking out to meet you by that bat eye thing Yoojin has. And guess what? Your grandma saw the footage and is throwing the book at her. She's getting expelled!"

Jungkook's jaw tightened, his guilt growing. "Damn it. I didn't think it would come to this."

Jimin leaned over, his expression concerned. "Whoa, slow down. What's going on?"

Taehyung nodded, clearly curious as well. "Yeah, explain it properly."

Rosé gave a frustrated sigh, her anger not abating. "Harley is being so damn partial. She's only going after Chaeng, ignoring the fact that her precious grandson is equally involved. It's not fair, and I'm not going to stand for it."

Jungkook ran a hand through his hair, his guilt deepening. "I messed up, okay? I didn't think things would get this serious."

Taehyung chimed in, trying to lighten the mood. "So, what's the plan, Rosé? Are you going to give Harley a piece of your mind?"

Rosé's expression was fierce as she declared, "Damn right, I am. And you, Jungkook, are going to fix this mess you've caused."

Jungkook nodded, his contrition evident. "Yeah, you're right. I need to talk to my grandmother and straighten things out. This isn't just on Chaeng, it's on me too."

Jimin's eyes held sympathy as he spoke, "You're doing the right thing, Kook. We'll support you."

Taehyung grinned playfully, nudging Jungkook. "Yeah, and if Harley gives you trouble, just tell her we've got an army of loyal fans ready to defend you."

Despite the tension in the air, a small smile tugged at the corners of Rosé's lips. "Let's hope it doesn't come to that. But Jungkook, make things right. Chaeng's future is on the line here."

Jungkook nodded firmly, his determination clear. "I will. I won't let her suffer the consequences alone."

---