CHAPTER 18: LIFE & DEATH

THIRD PERSON'S POV

"Nandini " Manik screamed and rushed towards her.

"Open your eyes Nandu, look at me" said Manik almost on the verge of crying

"Nandini please don't do this to me" cried Manik while patting her cheeks

Raj and Anupcould understand that Manik was not in his sane mind so Anup picked up Nandini and rushed towards the car.

Manik just stood there numb not understanding what was happening around him. Just few seconds ago everything was fine then what happened all of a sudden

"Manik" shouted Nyeonika to bring him back to reality.

As soon his eyes met with his mother he broke down. He hugged her sobbing like a baby

"Mom , Nandini.. Nandini will she be fine? I can't live without her" he cried

"Manik you need to stay strong, right now Nandini needs you, you can't break like this" said Nyeonika

Manik took a deep breath and somehow stabled himself and ran outside.

Anup was about to start the car when he heard Maniks voice asking him to stop.
Manik quickly sat inside the car and took Nandini's head on his lap and asked Anup to drive quickly to the hospital.

IN THE HOSPITAL

As soon as they reached the hospital Manik picked up  Nandini in his arms and rushed inside the hospital.  The doctors and nurses seeing Nandini's condition quickly brought a stretcher and took her to the emergency.

All the family members were sitting in the waiting room tensed as they had heard no news about Nandini. Malini, Nandini's mother was constantly crying while Nyeonika gave her support.  Anup was sitting in one corner and praying to god to save his daughters life while Raj was completing all the formalities.  But there was one person for whom it was becoming difficult to breathe as each second was passing by, Manik felt like his whole world was collapsing,  If anything happens to Nandini today he had  decided to take his own life too.

Suddenly a doctor entered the waiting room on seeing which Manik rushed towards him.

"Doctor how is Nandini, is she OK?" he asked breathlessly

"Calm down , we have taken her to the operation theater and right now we can't say much but.." the doctor  said and halted

"But what doctor" shouted Manik.

"We couldn't save the baby" said the doctor leaving everyone in the room devastated.

Manik sat on the chair with a thud as his head had started spinning. He lost his baby before even seeing him for once,  he couldn't believe this. Why was god being so cruel to him he thought and let out a sob.

Nyeonika rushed to Manik and held him in her protective embrace.

"Mom my baby left me" he cried in her embrace.

"How will I face Nandini when she will ask about our baby" he sobbed.

Nyeonika couldn't find any words to comfort him as she being a parent knew how difficult it could be to hear the news of your child's death.

"Manik ,Nandini is fighting for her life , stay strong for her. I know this pain is unbearable but what is gone in gone but now we need to think about the people who are still with us, Nandini needs to get us." said Nyeonika.

Manik didn't say anything and silently cried in her arms.

AFTER AN HOUR

All of them were sitting outside the operation theatre eagerly waiting for some good news. Manik was sitting silently lost in his own world.

Soon the doors of the operation theater opened and the doctor came out with a grim expression making everyone's heart shudder with fear.

"Doctor how is she?" asked Manik with his shakey voice.

"I am sorry but she is in coma" said the doctor.

On hearing this Manik started seeing black spots before his eyes and soon lost his senses and fell on the floor with a thud.

AFTER A MONTH

"Nandini look I have brought your favorite flowers today" said Manik while placing it in the vase kept beside her bed.

"You know what Nandini, I got the deal for which I was working so hard, Dad is really proud of me" he said while looking at the pale figure lying before him

"I am waiting for you to wake up so that we can celebrate it together " he said while caressing her head.

"Nandini it's been a month since I heard your voice how long are you going to trouble me" he said with his voice cracking a bit

"Pleae Nandu wake up I am missing you" he said with moist eyes.

Suddenly his phone started ringing, it was Raj's call.

"Yes dad" he said after receiving the call.

But what Raj told him next left him shocked.

"Beta Anup abd Malini met with an accident and they died on spot, I am coming to the hospital with them " said Raj and hung up the call

Manik just looked at the girl lying in front of him. He couldn't understand how will he tell her this news after she wakes up. First her baby and now her parents.  Manik's heart clenched thinking about the pain she will get after knowing this news.

Manik and Raj where in the police station while Anup and Malini's body were taken for the post-mortem.

Meanwhile someone unknown had entered Nandini's room in the hospital and took out the plugs of the ventilator making it difficult for Nandini to breath.

Nandini was struggling while the person saw her with smile. That person was having the best time seeing Nandini like this and soon that person ran away leaving Nandini all alone struggling to breath for her life.

END OF THIRD PERSON'S POV
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

150 votes to unlock the next chapter ✌️