Good Enough

You guys wanted more, so here ya go. These are kinda short, so I'll upload two parts. Anyway! Hope you enjoy and I love you! x

Your tongue cutely stuck from your lips a bit as you stood on your tiptoes, desperately trying to shove the last plate onto the top shelf in the kitchen. 

"Come...on! Just a little...bit more!" 

You stretched as much as was humanly possible, yet you still couldn't reach. You sighed, falling flat onto your bare feet. Why did Ellis insist on putting the dishes on the very top shelf? You set the plate aside on the counter before you actually lifted yourself up onto it. As you were on your knees on the smooth granite, you finally put the plate in its rightful place with ease. 

"Ha!" 

You shut the cabinet's doors before you jumped from the counter. You stared at the clean room triumphantly. Never was your house this clean. You wiped down the counters before you turned on your heel to the sound of the front door opening. As you spun around, it shut and revealed your husband standing a few feet away from you. Ellis. A sweet smile crossed your lips as he shot you the childish grin he always did. He walked over to you, not even bothering to take his boots off, before he picked you up and spun you around. You giggled at his strange but affectionate actions. 

"El! Put me down!" 

He just chuckled before doing as he was told, leaning down to place a kiss to your soft lips. You kissed back, loving his affection as he pulled away. 

"I ever tell you how beautiful ya are, (n/n)?" 

You gave him an almost confused look, a smile still adorning your pink lips. You were silent as you stared. 

"Um, yeah. You okay, El?" 

He simply smiled at you, taking his trademark cap from his head and placing it on yours. You adjusted the object so you could see before you leaned up on your tiptoes for what must have been the twentieth time that day to run a hand through his messy, chocolate locks. 

"I'm fine. I just missed you is all." 

You looked up into your husband's sparkling green eyes. Did he have a stroke or something? 

"Ellis, I've been right here all day." 

He just shrugged, leaning down to sweep you off of your feet. You gave a surprised yelp as your arms found his neck. He definitely had a stroke or something. 

"I know." 

You just giggled, nuzzling into his chest. 

"Whatever you say, babe." 

Ellis smiled at you sweetly, leaning in to place a kiss to your lips. God, it reminded you of your wedding day. He never changed...

"You comin', (n/n)?" 

You blinked several times, snapping back into reality as you realized your surroundings. You were in some stranger's house, staring at a wedding photo of a random couple. The frame was slightly spattered with blood. And you remembered. It was like a reverse nightmare, where you woke up into a horrible world instead of falling into one. However, your sudden hopelessness was lifted as you looked over your shoulder to see Ellis. A shotgun was in his hands, but he still had that same smile. You couldn't help but return it as you glanced at the rifle in your hands. You swallowed roughly, bringing yourself back into the real world before you fully looked back at Ellis. 

"Yeah." 

You walked over to him, feeling shards of broken glass crunch under your feet. As you came back to his side, you felt his hand find yours, his fingers intertwining with your own. You said nothing as you followed Nick, Rochelle, and Coach back onto the main road. Maybe you couldn't have your dream world, but you could have this. And that was good enough for you.