I Can Save You

Hey guys! I was browsing my inserts folder for one that I needed and I found this. Enjoy! x

"Keep shooting it, dammit! Keep shooting!" 

You kept your rifle focused on the Tank as you riddled the thing with round after round of bullets. All you had wanted to do was make it to the safe house. Apparently, that wasn't going to happen. You and Nick were fiercely trying to kill the giant Infected in front of you, Rochelle was helping Coach, and Ellis was God knows where. You emptied another magazine into the Tank's think skin before it finally fell. You sighed a bit in relief, as it hit the ground. Finally... However, your relief was pummeled by concern as you remembered Ellis. 

"Ellis?" 

You received no response. That wasn't good from the most talkative person in the group. Your eyes widened in the realization that something was wrong as you glanced at Nick. You shoved your rifle into his arms before you desperately started to search for Ellis. You checked empty houses, alleys, you looked everywhere. Until you finally found him sprawled out on the ground by an abandoned and rundown car. His shotgun was lying by his hand. His hand that wasn't moving. 

"Ellis!" 

You ran over to the mechanic, skidding a bit against the concrete as you fell to your knees. You lightly shook him, fear dominating your emotions as he lie limp on the hard concrete. 

"Ellis! If you're playin' around, this ain't funny!" 

You shook him again, receiving no response. Your breathing picked up a bit in pace as your heart hammered against your ribs. 

"Don't make me lick your damn face." 

Still, Ellis lie limp on the ground, unresponsive. You lightly smacked at his face, trying to get any response. A mumble, a twitch, a smile, anything. 

"No. Ellis! You wake up right now!" 

You grabbed his shoulders as you lightly shook him in his place. You started to get more violent, however, as you felt hot tears rolling down your cheeks. 

"Ellis! Wake up! I ain't playin' anymore! Wake up! Dammit, don't you die on me!" 

Your shouts had started to form sobs as you were practically slamming him against the concrete. 

"Ellis! Please! Get up..!" 

You felt the first wave of sobs wrack your body as your shaking got weaker. You simply cried as you stopped moving him. You leaned down by his face, carefully placing a hand on his cheek. You didn't even realize your tears were dripping onto his skin. 

"Ellis, please..! I didn't come this far for you to die on me, dammit..! Please..!" 

You waited for him to respond. To twitch a bit before making some stupid comment about how he was still here. But you got nothing. And that nothing made you panic more than anything. You frantically searched your pockets and his for an adrenaline shot. You could save him. He wasn't dead. He couldn't be. He was Ellis. He promised he would never leave. You looked behind you to see Nick, Coach, and Rochelle all staring at you with pity. However, you didn't notice their expressions as your eyes found the shot in Nick's pocket. You fell on your side in your haste to get up as you got on your knees. You practically crawled over to the man before you yanked the shot from his jacket pocket. You crawled back to Ellis as quickly as you could before you opened the shot, shoving the needle into his leg. You waited a second before pulling it out. You tossed aside the empty shot before you focused back on the man you so wanted to save. You rested your hand on his cheek again, your tears still falling. 

"Ellis..? Please... Just wake up..." 

You were so focused on trying not to sob again that you didn't notice his fingers twitch. Ellis gave a faint groan of pain, and you couldn't help but smile. He was alive! Far from okay, but alive! His eyes slowly fluttered open to reveal his gorgeous green orbs. You quickly grabbed his hand and squeezed it, letting him know he wasn't alone. To your surprise he squeezed back. You watched him stare at you for a moment, no doubt trying to speak. 

"(Y/n)..? I'm alive..?" 

Your smile grew as you nodded a bit, tears falling like waterfalls down your cheeks. 

"Yeah... Yeah you are..." 

You leaned down to place a gentle kiss to his lips, watching them quirk up in a slight smile. He was okay. Everything was okay.