Sacrifice

i feel bad for being dead for so long so take another

also you guys are the sweetest i love you all ♥

You looked out at the horde of Infected below. There was one shotgun left, a handful of ammo, and everyone was horribly bruised and battered with no medkits in sight. Basically, the five of you were screwed. 

"Great. Now what?" 

You glanced at Nick as your thoughts ran a mile a minute. Grabbing the shotgun from Coach, you cocked it and swiped away the stray strands of (h/c) hair that fell in your face. The locks were dirty and stained with blood, and you would be lying if you said you remembered what it was like to be clean. You wiped the blood that dotted your busted lip before nodding atthe group. 

"You all go. Find the safehouse. I'll be a distraction and hold 'em off." 

You weren't surprised when you saw shock and disbelief cross their faces. Of course, Rochelle was first to yell at you. 

"Going out in that alone is suicide, (y/n)!" 

You simply shrugged with a feigned nonchalance,the shotgun tight in your grasp in case they tried to force you out of it. 

"So? Me dying is better than all of us.Listen, you guys can survive. Find a safehouse and get rescued. Go back to your families and friends. Me? I got nobody left. They're gone." 

You offered Rochelle a sad smile, dropping your weapon for a moment as you held out your arms for a hug. 

"Besides, you know I can't just sit here without doin' something stupid." 

The woman returned your dejected grin, knowing you were right as she accepted your hug. You pulled away to look at Coach. 

"You hang in there, Coach. Lord knows they gotta have chocolate at that rescue place." 

You hugged the man with a chuckle, fighting to remain stoic as you turned to see Nick. He was looking rather hesitant himself. You were quick to playfully roll your eyes. 

"You gonna hug me or let me feel bad about bein' so rough on you?" 

A faint smile pulled at his lips as you brought him in for an embrace. His suit was still clean and shining despite it all. How, you had no idea. After hugging your friends, you finally turned to Ellis. He was closest to you through all this. And the sight of his dejected expression made your heart sink. Neither of you said a word as he hugged you first. You shut your eyes as you fought back the tears that collected on your lashes. 

"You fight, you hear me? Kill all sons of bitches." 

You pulled back to see a sad smile grace his features. You'd miss that. Grabbing the shotgun yet again, you simply waved and forced a determined smirk. 

"See you all later. Maybe not in one piece, but I'll see ya." 

You stepped into the elevator you had gotten off only moments before. Your finger was an inch from the button when something made you stop. It was Ellis. 

"(Y/n), wait!" 

You turned to look at him when he suddenly grabbed your face and smashed his lips against yours. Shock flooded your senses before you kissed back, running your fingers through the curly hazel locks that his hat didn't cover. You barely pulled away after a long moment, your (e/c) eyes meeting his stunning green orbs. He stared at you for what felt like ages before he swallowed roughly, forcing out the three words he had wanted to tell you for so long. 

"I love you." 

You gave a sad smile, placing a dirty hand on his cheek. He almost nuzzled into it,hating that he would never feel your warm touch again. You just stared at him for a long moment as you tried to pick the right words. You could go for sappy and cliché by telling him you felt the same. That you would miss him and you were going to die for him. That you loved him from the very beginning. But that wasn't you. He waited for you to say something, anything, as your smile almost faltered a bit. 

"I know." 

With that,you gently shoved him out of the elevator before slamming your thumb on the button that sent you to the ground floor. You gave your friends one last smirk as you held the shotgun with a grip that whitened your knuckles. The doors closed, leaving you alone as you watched the floors count down almost too quickly. You would kill all of the sons of bitches you could and die trying.You smirked to yourself as you licked your lips, knowing you would go down with Ellis's taste in your mouth. And that was all you ever wanted.