Zombie Magnet

why hello there

i'm not dead yet

only on the inside

so have a thing i wrote a while back

i'm so sorry :'D

The feeling of your back being forcefully slammed into the concrete that was the ground knocked every ounce of breath from your lungs. You struggled to scream as the Charger's mutated fingers wrapped around your torso. 

"Guys..!"

That was all you managed to utter as your back slammed into the ground once again. You would be damned if your spine hadn't shattered then and there. Just as the Infected lifted you into the air again, the piercing sound of gunshots rang through your ears. Your limp body fell to the concrete with a thud as the Charger dropped beside you. Groaning quietly, the feeling of an ocean of blood behind your lips made your stomach churn. You never would get used to it. Ellis rushed to your aid, and you winced as he gingerly helped you to your feet.

"C'mon, (n/n), we're almost there." 

You leaned heavily on the mechanic as he pushed a baseball bat into your hands. Forcing yourself to keep your balance and grip onto the weapon, you followed behind the boys in your journey to another safehouse. Ellis protectively kept you at his heels, the dead barely managing to get close to you. That stopped being a problem, though, as a choked screech met your ears. You were suddenly knocked onto your back again as a Hunter jumped you with ease. Its claws tore into your stomach, blood spraying onto its arms as it dug into your skin. Nick knocked the thing off of you with the butt of his gun, quickly shooting the Infected before it could leap back to its feet. You simply lied there, blood oozing onto the bits and pieces that were your shirt. Ellis rushed to your side yet again, his green eyes brimming with nothing short of concern. Pathetically getting onto your hands and knees, you spit out a mouthful of blood. The liquid spattered on the pavement as Coach and Nick searched their belongings for any kind of first aid. You were so close to a safehouse after a long trek and you were desperate for supplies. Finding nothing, they simply moved to help Ellis bring you to your feet and offered reassuring words along with it.

"Come on lil' sis, you can make it." 

"You didn't come this far to die yet, princess." 

You used the three of them as a crutch, ignoring the trickle of blood that was making its way down your chin.

"I'm okay... I can...do it..." 

The world had begun to darken around the edges as your stomach did gymnastics. Everything seemed so much more than it really was. The smell of the dead was more potent than ever. The color of your blood mixed with that of what you killed seemed to glow in the dim light of the evening. The pain that assaulted every inch of your body was less bearable than ever. It was just terrible. As you limped alongside of your friends, the feeling of a thick, slimy tongue wrapping around your wounded stomach made you cry out. It squeezed you unbelievably tight, blood spraying from the wounds the Hunter left you as you were suddenly pulled in the air. A Smoker from above left you dangling by the roof of the building it stood on. The feeling of its claws tearing into your shoulder blades barely met your senses as dozens of gunshots rang through the air. You found yourself tumbling to the ground, a hoarse cry leaving your bloodied lips at the feeling of your wrist shattering beneath you.

"(Y/n)!" 

Your eyes fluttered shut as you let yourself tumble into the abyss of unconsciousness. You didn't want to be awake to feel the excruciating pain that had ridden your body. You didn't want to see the unshed tears in Ellis's eyes as he begged you to stay with him. You didn't want to see his shirt smeared with the blood that seemingly poured from every inch of your torso as he picked you up and rushed to the nearest safehouse. You just wanted to fall asleep and never wake up.

*~~*

The feeling of fluffy pillows against the dull pounding of your back brought you back to consciousness with a breathy groan. Your eyes barely fluttered open, the sight of Ellis looking relieved above you making your lips barely curl into a grin.

"Hey El..."

He smiled weakly, dabbing at the dried blood on the side of your face with a wet rag.

"Shit, (n/n), I was thinkin' you was never gonna wake up. We're gonna start callin' you Zombie Magnet after this." 

You chuckled quietly, it ending in a pained cough. 

"I ain't dyin' after all this... Somebody's gotta look after your ass..."

Ellis scoffed before laughing heartily. How he was always so happy, you would never know. 

"My ass? You're the one lyin' in my cot half dead." 

You gingerly turned your head, searching for Nick and Coach in the small room. It must have been a large safehouse to give you all a separate place to stay. Ellis noticed your confusion as he grabbed a few antibiotics from a stray pill bottle.

"They're out lookin' for guns and shit. Said we needed some time alone or somethin'." 

You hummed in acknowledgement as he gently put the pills to your lips. You roughly swallowed before lying back into the unbelievably comfortable pillows. Ellis sat on the floor beside you, his hand finding yours and letting your fingers interlock. You thought nothing of the gesture as you let your eyes flutter shut once again. Silence enveloped the room for what felt like ages until Ellis quietly broke it.

"I was so scared you died on me (n/n)... I dunno what I'd do without ya... You're just so pretty and nice and you're always stickin' up for me when Nick is bein' mean..."

You smiled, squeezing his hand lightly as your voice came out in a whisper.

"I ain't leaving you any time soon, El..."

The mechanic smiled, his green eyes alight with adoration as he turned to look at you. He said nothing as he leaned in to barely place his lips against yours. The pressure on your busted lip hurt, but it didn't matter as you did what you could to kiss back. Ellis quickly took the hint, though, as he sat back on the floor. Your hands were still intertwined as sleep overtook the both of you.