Chapter 1 episode 2 : The refugees

After she was released from the hospital that she stayed in for only two days, she just wandered around the city sometimes visiting the palace to play with the princess or attend queen's tea morning sessions. The queen wanted her to heal properly, but Akret felt fine and wanted to have another mission already.

The queen figured it would be good to visit the orphanage to see how the children she saved are. Akret liked that idea and she made a deal with the queen that she can at least guard the city as she does that anyway until she is fully healed.

She was riding her black hefty horse through the city streets. When she saw the board saying orphanage she was happy to see it was a lovely building with a big garden surrounded by the building. She rode under the gate to the garden and she was already surrounded by children even tho they kept a little distance. Some were here just for the animal friend, but others ran to her instead happily greeting and pointing at their hero.

Akret snickered as she went down from her black companion's back with her dark blue cloak dramatically swooshing showing off the royal guard symbol. The horse was a giant compared to her and she was a giant compared to the kids. "Calm down children. Be gentle with him or he might want to go away." A young nun came running in hurry scolding the children for such rude behaviour. "My deepest apologies Dame Cross." "Ah no worries miss. Also don't worry he won't hurt them. His name is Dark sire or Dare for short." She eyed at all the children when she said his name. "Ah yes that was my next question. A-Anyway why are we honoured to have you visit our small orphanage?" "I came to look how the children I saved a while ago are doing. Do you need anything for any of the children? Clothes? Food?-" "A-Ah no my lady. Our majesty's provide us just enough already. We are very proud to say we even have enough to keep some disabled children as well."

Akret smiled at that. "I'm glad to hear that. Well has there been any other issues?" The nun twitched and Akret dropped her smile into a tiny frown. "That wasn't a good reaction." "W-well you see...lady Cross we try everything in our power to keep the children happy, safe and free of some kind at least. We don't want them to feel like they are at prison and I'd say it works perfectly. For that reason this never happened before, but... yesterday three children that you saved ran away." "Oh my...just let the leader here know it's not any of you guys fault the kids ran away. This system is actually amazing. Could you describe them to me and show me where they were staying? With the queen's permission I'll look for them." "Oh heavens that would be delightful my lady! The oldest one of them was a 15 year old ram avatar. He had very bright green eyes. Second was a red head demon boy. Age around 12-" "was the youngest like a shadow with only white eyes?" "Yes! Do you remember how they look like?" "Vividly. I changed my mind. I don't need to see where they were staying. If I find them I'll let someone here know. Now on a different matter. Do I have the permission to let some children ride my horse if I swear they won't get hurt? I promised them that I'd visit so I'll stay a while to entertain them if I have your consent." "My lady, you don't even have to ask."

The nun waved and some kids mimicked her after Akret departed. She went straight back to the palace. Heading immediately to the main meeting room to find all three of the royals painting on papers even when they had pictures on their faces as well. Akret always feels happy to find them still spending time together and doing ordinary or silly things despite possessing the highest mortal title. "Oh? Did I happen to walk into an atelier?" The princess thrilled to see her beloved future guard grabbed her painting and proudly shoved it into Akret's face as soon as she hopped close enough. "Look Akret! I drew you as well! What do you think??" The picture lacking any talent as much as any other picture drawn in this room felt still more beautiful than any other realistic or unique paintings to Akret who smiled and pat the princesse's head. "Thank you your majesty. It's very nice of you. I'll hang it on my wall next to the other ones." The kid's brown eyes sparkled at that.