Chapter One

ELEVEN YEARS LATER
(Irene is 18, Lee is 23)

"Lee...?" Irene softly called out as she walked into my room. My room was pretty messy this day. I was rushing around it for hours just trying to figure out how to undo a spell. Turns out, you can't undo a curse you caused on your best friend without red rubies. I knew I had some, I just really panicked and couldn't find it.

"Not right now I'm busy," I said back with slight annoyance as I angrily threw stuff from the bookshelf onto my bed.

"I can see." Irene teased softly. I gave her a glare which made her sigh and try to calm me. "Lee, I just wanted to talk." She spoke softly with an almost sad look on her face.

"I'm busy, Irene!" I snapped angrily then went back to eyeing every part of my bookshelf.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry..." She apologized with a soft look. She took a deep breath then spoke again. "I just..." Irene looked down and mumbled the last part. "I miss you, Lee..."

I slowly pulled my hand back from a book then looked over at her. "You...miss me?" Irene slowly nodded her head. "What do you mean you miss me, Irene?"

She sighed and shook her head. "Never mind..." Irene mumbled under her breath. "I'm going out with a friend," Irene added. I couldn't even respond to her words because she was out of my room in a blink of an eye.

A soft groan escaped my lips, "ugh." I sighed then looked over at the spell book on my desk. I walked away from my bookshelf then caressed the cover of the book. "If only there was a spell to go back in time..." I whispered softly. My spell book opened then turned to the page of rules. Rule number three being: Never Turn Back Time.

"I know, I know," I spoke to my spell book with annoyance. "I just wish..." I whispered again then started to look through my spell book.

I knew almost every spell there, but there were so many I could barely count them. I had the most powerful spell book in Witchlandia. It has every single spell known to witch kind and when a new spell is made or discovered, my spell book adds the new spell. I was trusted by Witchlandia with the spell book. Once my parents died I was made queen despite being only twelve years old.
I mean, if I wasn't gonna do it, who was?

I let out a long sigh, slowly stopping to flip the pages in my book. "What am I even doing with my life...?" I shake my head then look at the page I landed on.

"Universe?" I said softly, tilting my head at the title of the spell. "Shine bright, just like a star, in the dark, the portal will open for you. So, come over here from the place you were supposed to be, just to be with me," I chanted the spell out loud.

"Ah!!"

I turned around as fast as I could and summoned a dagger. "Who are you?!" I yelled at the mysterious figure on the floor.

"Ow..." The person rubbed their head and groaned softly. I eyed them carefully as they looked around. "Where...am I?" The voice took off their white mask, revealing a girl underneath it. She looked around then made eye contact with me. "Uh, hello?"

"Who are you?" I repeated, but softer than the first time.

"I'm Gwen. Gwen Stacy," she said. Gwen slowly got up from the floor and looked me up and down. "Who are you? Where am I?" She asked me, clearly confused about everything.

"I'm Lee Moon, the queen of Witchlandia," I stated in a matter-of-fact tone. She looked at me as if I was crazy, making me scoff at her. "What? Have you never seen a queen?"

"Well, no," she said calmly as she got up from the floor. "Nor have I ever seen a witch."

I blinked a bit before talking. "What? You've never..." I cut myself off with a sigh. "I can't even. I don't have time for this."

"Do you have time to explain anything?" Gwen asked, trying to get answers out of me.

"No," I said coldly. She gave a sigh then crossed her arms. I huffed, blowing the bangs out of my face then looked into her eyes. "Fine. I don't know why you're here. I just casted a spell and you showed up."

She blinked at me, just like I did before. "Wait wait wait... Are there any spider-people here?" Gwen asked, tilting her head in confusion and shock.

"No, just a spider-witch, me," I explained.

"Spider-witch?" Gwen repeated with a tilted head. "So like, you're a spider-person, but with magical powers too? And you're royalty?" The way Gwen spoke, it was clear to tell she was confused.

"That's pretty much right," I said.

Gwen slowly started to laugh softly. "That's actually pretty cool," she admitted. "What kind of magic do you do? And you do have spider powers, right? Were you bitten by a radioactive spider though? or was it magic that-"

I quickly cut her off, "enough." Gwen nodded and smiled awkwardly. "Listen..." I started. "I don't mean to be rude, but I don't know you... If you want answers, I need to know you, got it?" I gave her a stern look, letting her know I was one hundred percent serious.

"So, you wanna know about me then?" Gwen smirked a bit. "Well, come for a ride." She threw a bracelet at me.

I looked down at the bracelet in my hands then back at her. "What's this?"

"It'll stop you from glitching. Now..." Gwen turned her back to me then typed something into the bracelet. Soon enough, a portal opened up in front of her. She took a glance back and me and asked, "ready?"

I looked down at the bracelet again then made my spell book come to me. "Ready."

______________

To Be Continued