Chapter 1: Kismet of the Sekiryuutei

It was a normal day in the underworld, as the skies shone murky red while bats flew freely. Devils roamed the streets, enjoying their normal lives, while those living in luxury looked down at the free-roaming peasants below. On the outskirts of the underworld, the atmosphere darkened. Ash filled the air while dragons flew around, breathing fire and launching various attacks as they trained with each other. Around them, gigantic mountains towered over the clouds, surrounding a large black castle that sat at the top, overlooking other fascinating buildings around it.

 Around them, gigantic mountains towered over the clouds, surrounding a large black castle that sat at the top, overlooking other fascinating buildings around it

In one of the windows of the castle, a gold-covered bed lay across the room, looking towards the outside. On the walls, various paintings of dragons, kings, and queens stood guard, watching over those who rested inside.

A young man woke from his long slumber to a reception of silence. He had short, spiky black hair, with two locks of hair behind his head, and soul-piercing black eyes. He sat up slowly, edging closer and closer to the end of the bed, following a light that protruded through the large window that overlooked the outside.

As the young man arrives at the end of the bed, he holds his head as a sharp pain pierces and twists, bringing various images of a red-haired beauty and a silver-haired young man.

Ahh, he wailed as a pulse of pain brought various visions, which slowly brought a mixture of emotions, from sadness to anger to joy and finally despair. This young man cried in his hands while his heart filled with rage as the visions inside his head taunted him for failing to save himself from the disastrous encounter that unfolded. This young man is the former sekiryuutei and the recent pawn of Rias Gremory, Issei Hyoudou.

"Where am I?" Issei thought, mentally conveying to the heavens, expecting answers that would soon be answered.

"Hello, Issei Hyoudou!" A deep, mysterious voice rang heavily in the mind of Issei, who quickly looked around the room, trying to uncover the origins of the voice.

Ddraig questioned Issei, wondering if his long-standing partner was communicating with him as usual.

"No, Issei Hyoudou, I am not the one you call the Welsh dragon of domination." "I am the dragon that stands on top of all dragons, but in this instance, you are my first host, from now to the never-ending future."

Okay. Issei pondered with disarray and dismay in his heart, now realizing that his former companion was no longer with him in his time of need.

So what should I call you? uttered Issei, still analyzing the room and hoping to gain insight into where his new partner was.

"Look at your right hand," said the dragon.