Chapter 2: An Angels Decent pt.1

Lub-dub! (loud and echoes)

A strong heartbeat erupts, making the ferocious dragon freeze

A strong heartbeat erupts, making the ferocious dragon freeze. It dropped onto one knee, leaving a small crater under it. As its hand crushed the ground, it began to vomit large amounts of blood that covered the ground.

Uhhh...bleurgh....wh... Wha...what! Issei coughed as eight spots began expanding from his body, each violently attacking the flesh that once protected them. They began to glow and pulse out from Issei's skin as he screamed in agony due to the pain that rang inside his head.

The dragon then kneeled on both knees as even more blood drooled out from his chest as eight pawn pieces stood in the small space between his skin and the armour. As they left the body they once resided in, an even stronger heartbeat was felt as Issei felt his life energy escape him. The eight pieces then violently attacked the inside of the armour, furiously wanting to escape from the cage that they were trapped in.

Crack!

They then succeeded, exploding out of the chest of the dragon, spewing large chunks of armour and flesh into the air as a loud cry of agony belted from the dragon's mouth, which made some of the people close their ears as the noise was too much to bear. The pieces floated in the air, violently shaking and vibrating, letting out a screeching sound. They tried to fight the command that they were given—to return to where they had just come from—but something negated their attempts and held them in place.

At the centre of the pieces, a bright crimson pawn piece emitted a large amount of energy, which made the other seven pieces spin around it like the sun surrounded by the planets. A creepy laugh then flooded the area as a certain red-haired beauty clapped her hands as the dragon began to slowly decrease in size, returning to the young man.

Oh, did I do that? Rias chuckled with a menacing smile, looking at her ex-pawn, who lay in the pool of blood that he left on the ground. He put both of his hands on his chest, stopping the spots where the pieces came out from leaking any more blood. Did I not mention that those are mine? She spoke while retracting her index finger, commanding the pieces to return to her side. 

Slowly and violently, the pieces rebelled against the heiress as they wanted to return to their host, but the heiress's stern gaze told them to obey, and their final defiance came to a screeching halt. They then began floating towards the heiress, each time leaving specs of magic as they proceeded to cross the halfway distance between the heiress and the young man who lay on the ground.

Crack!

A thunderous sound opened the gates that the clouds held closed, and a large bolt of light came from the entrance that the clouds made and fell on the abandoned building where the devils were completing their mission. As it crashed through the ceiling, heavy amounts of debris and dust spread around the small room, catching everyone off guard before producing a barrier that protected them from the falling wreckage.