Chapter 5: Quarantine And Infestation (Granted)

The morning of that Monday seemed unfazed and unchanged as the city woke to commence its normal duties. The sun rose from behind the hills, with house windows opening as the birds conversed among themselves.

Many people began emerging on the main streets, with various models of cars passing by here and there. The day seemed as normal as ever, with everyone continuing their daily duties. Young children walked towards their schools, while many adults welcomed the challenge of the up-and-coming day with determination visible in their eyes.

On the long, lustrous, Hollywood-esque road that divided the two sides of Kouh, fancy suits and ties roamed rampant as many businessmen and women commenced to head towards the large corporate buildings that tower over the street. Fancy cars and various individuals who walked down the road caught various glimpses from different crowds as the bosses and owners of the businesses emerged from the shadows.

Looking down an empty alleyway, a magical circle appeared, away from the watchful eyes of the public. Out stepped a shadowy figure that had a large outline of muscles, and right after them, another one popped out, walking forward towards the light that the sun gave, lighting up the street on this wonderful day. After a few seconds, many more appeared, with another magical circle appearing right behind it, revealing more individuals that walked towards the other side. As they emerged from the darkness, the silhouette showed a large group of men and women, all clad in black armour.

The armour consisted of a black and red helmet with a see-through visor on the front, like the ones riot police would wear. Heavily stacked armour padding covered most of their bodies, while high-grade military-grade non-metallic boots with anti-perforation protection under the boot finished the armour.

On their right arm, a lightweight see-through shield sits heavily strapped to their arm, while a long, cylindrical rubber club thwarts any enemy in sight. Finally, on the arms of each individual who stepped into the sunlight, an intricate symbol identified each member and the platoon to which they corresponded.

On a few, a bright red and black symbol appeared with a pentagram in the centre and many intricate circles surrounding it, with human writing carefully inscribed inside the circles. The other symbol was simpler than the other, as it featured a few bright yellowish-green circles with two identical designs at the top and bottom of the circles. These two symbols rightfully come from the Devil's Army clan and the fallen angel faction.

While the men walked out, some of the people who came near the alleyway began to shiver as the immense pressure of being in the presence of such beings started to terrify them. Not long after they appeared, the street became empty except for the individuals who guarded the area. They stopped in unison as if waiting for something to happen, and not long after they did so, a soothing voice filled the sky of the city.

"Dear all who reside in Kouh, do not be alarmed; the men that you see in the streets are here to aid in the protection of the city. We will inform you of the events as they occur. After the investigation has concluded, everything shall return to normal, and those who are impacted shall be handsomely compensated. "All that we ask is for you to remain indoors for a short while the investigation is conducted."

Scene change with Sona

Sona sat inside the student council office waiting for the new school day to commence, while her peers all stood at attention, awaiting the orders from their leader.

As they all stood, they started to feel uneasy for an unknown reason. However, not long after they felt this way, their feelings would be answered.

Beep...Beep...Beep...Beep!

Sona looked at her desk, where a small magical circle appeared. She had a weird look on her face, signalling the uncomfortable situation that she found herself in.