Chapter 4

"Sign your name, Malika." She shook her head no. "Malika, sign it, we had a deal."
The marriage certificate before her seemed to be screaming it's disapproval. "Elijah, please, you don't want to marry me...," she pleaded. He merely grabbed her wrist and set a pen in her hand. "I'll say it one more time, sign it."
She swallowed back a sob, her hand shaking ever so slightly as she sloppily wrote her name.
Elijah grabbed the paper and handed it to the mam sitting behind the desk. The man typed something into his computer before smiling up at them. "Congratulations, you are now legally Mr. and Mrs. Jones."

Malika covered her face with her hands. This wasn't a happy occasion. A sob escaped her lips. Elijah stood, grabbing her elbow, he dragged her up. He wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her along.
She squirmed against his touch. "Stop touching me!" She snapped through her brooding. His grip tightened on her waist and he whispered in her ear, "Don't you dare cause a scene."

She pushed away from him. "Fuck you!" She snarled as they walked out of the building. He smirked, "Anytime you want it, let me know." Before she could retort he pushed her into the waiting car. As she slide in she was met by her sleeping brothers'. She pulled JaMarcus into her arms and JaMicheal leaned against her shoulder. Once Elijah slid into the car it immediately pulled off. As she craddled JaMarcus in her arms she glanced up at Elijah, "Where are we going?"

"Home."

She hugged her brother closer to her.
"Where's your dad?"

"He had a heart attack last June."

"I'm sorry."

She repositioned her brother in her arms. "You don't have to apologize, it's not like it was your fault. Besides I know you never liked him in the first place."

Elijah sighed, "You have a smart ass mouth, you know that right? I was trying to sincerely give you my condolences but I see that you're forever in your feelings."
She frowned at him. "You don't know anything about me!"

"If you would just talk to me-," She cut him off, "But that's thing I don't want to talk to you! How many times do I have to tell you!"

She was clearly on the verge of tears, her voice growing hoarse. Elijah sagged against his seat. He didn't want to argue, he just didn't have the energy. "Okay, calm down. You'll wake the boys, I'll drop the questions for now alright?"
-------------------------------------
The large home stood dominantly before her. It wasn't a mansion but it was huge nonetheless. Malika stood beside the car, JaMarcus still silently asleep in his arms. Elijah slid out of the car, JaMicheal cradled in his arms. Malika turned and reached for him but Elijah raised an eyebrow at her.
"You can't carry both of them."
He walked past and headed straight for the door. He locked an arm around JaMicheal and pulled his keys from his pockets, unlocking the door. He pushed the door open with his hip and walked inside. Malika hesitantly followed him.

From the shining hard wood floors to the paintings on the walls; it was beautiful. "Come on, we have to put them in bed." She nodded, following him up the stairs and into a large, blue painted bed room.
He gently laid JaMicheal down onto the bed, pulling the comforter over him. Malika followed suit, lying JaMarcus next to his brother.

Once they exited the room and closed the door Malika tensed up. Elijah frowned at her sudden change in demeanor. "Don't worry, I have no intention to attack you. You can relax." His words didn't reassure her.

"Can you show me where I'm sleeping? I'm tired and I would really like to lay down."
He shrugged before leading her down the hall. He pushed the door open. She stood in awe of three large bedroom. It was twice of her apartment. "Do you live here alone?"

He leaned against the and smiled at her, "Are you curious about me, now?"
She rolled her eyes. "I just think that this place is too big for one person."
He chuckled be fore saying, "I have a condo close to the office. I hardly ever use this place, the only time I really use it is for family get togethers."
She nodded.

"Oh, that makes sense."

"You can take a shower, there's a connecting bathroom. I'll bring you something to sleep in."

She walked inside the room and looked around. A big screen tv hung comfortably against the wall opposite the bed. Two large mirrors decked out with mirrors and automatic shoe racks. She quite simply amazed.
As she walked out of the closet she almoat bumped into Elijah, "excuse me." He held out a grey pajama set and she took it, making sure to not touch him. "Thank you."

He stared at her for a moment, desire burning in his eyes. "You're welcome." He said huskily before stuffing his hands in his pockets and walking out of the room. She closed the door behind and sighed. For a moment she had thought he was going to...

Shook off her wayward thoughts and headed towards the bathroom. She took a long warm shower before stepping out and drying off.
She pulled the pajama shirt on over her head and almost tripped over it. It was so incredibly long on her. It hung off her like a sack. She folded up the pants, deciding not to wear.

With that she turned off the bathroom and the bedroom light before jumping into bed. As soon as her head hit the pillow she fell asleep.