Redeem me, (Korekiyo's arc)

Korekiyo grabbed my shoulders, it was so aggressive that I almost cried. He locked me in with his amber eyes, they were lost, begging and hopeless, "You want me to die? I couldn't! I… I do not want to die! I do not want to die for the sins I have committed! I don't want to die!" 

He shook my shoulders as he continued to search me for answers, "Is death the only thing that can redeem me, now? Is there no other… another way of repaying my sins? Please, please, redeem me! I cannot accept the thought of dying at your own hands!"

I pushed him away, he was hurting me! 

"Korekiyo! Why would I kill you?! I can't kill you! But you! You killed a lot of people!"

He hugged himself as he cried, "I did, I did kill many.. many girls… I did many horrible things, I am a monster for that but!" He turned to me with pleading eyes, "I just can't accept death! I want to atone… in a way that's better than that!" 

He neared me again, his hands once again seized my shoulders but this time, his strength was subdued, as if he was slowly restraining himself. As if he was losing his fight, as if he was just… tired, 

"Is there no way… for me to repent other than death?"

"Korekiyo, please," I shut my eyes, "Please, don't torment me… can't you see, I am also suffering?"

"Yes, you.. too," He painfully nodded his head, his hand touched my cheek and wiped my tears, he was wiping my tears when he couldn't even bother to wipe his own.

"You have been suffering… so far more worse. I can see the torment on your face… there must have been a dilemma in your heart and in your mind. Dying is the least I can do for you but you have to understand, I cannot accept death. There must be another way for me to redeem myself. I know, I know, I don't deserve compassion but… I need you. I cannot die, like… like some criminal,"

Korekiyo's point of view

"But you are a criminal, Korekiyo,"

I pulled away from you and stayed silent as you spoke with my face, now emotionless but deep down, I knew you were right. That is the truth. But I still want to atone for my sins. I want to get rid of all the sins and mistakes I have committed. 

But… maybe, I'm just…

Too far in.

"You're right… maybe, I really am a criminal beyond redemption and I deserve to.. to…"

She took a hold of my face and kissed…my cheek? "Korekiyo, the souls you've killed are slowly eating you away. They would nonetheless kill you so I don't think there is redemption for you."

You… you kissed my cheek?

But do you know what that made me feel?

I felt loved.

But that shouldn't be, right? I've committed so many mistakes, so many sins. I'm not worthy to feel loved by anyone. 

I don't… I don't deserve your love.

"Korekiyo, do you understand?"

I don't! I don't understand! I don't understand!

I am a monster! A monster that doesn't even deserve to live!

"You said it yourself, the souls of the girls I've killed… They want me dead! I don't know how to answer that!"

"Korekiyo, I can't help you, anymore." 

She held my hand and her lips graced them, what… What is this? What are you trying to say? You can't help me anymore yet… your actions mismatched with your words.