Chapter 6

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖓𝖌𝖊 𝖇𝖞 𝕿𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖔𝖗 𝕾𝖜𝖎𝖋𝖙

***

When the bright sun illuminates the area, it becomes possible to see the developing smile that is beginning to form at the corners of my lips. The memories of that day enhanced the already vivid weather.

Until I heard Anna say, "Milady, the imperial household had sent you a letter,"

I nearly dropped the tea due to its wonderful scent and the warmth it provided, but I managed to hold onto it just in time. The lovely sunlight touching my skin caused my vision to waver as it approached the door. Anna was carrying a tray that I could see, and it had a royal blood color and a well-known seal on it.

Would the heat from the running water have sealed the opening between my lips if I hadn't been extra cautious? When my eyes lingered long enough for that letter, before my hands grasped both familiar and strange feelings, I was unable to know.

The smell persisted; it was enthralling, seductive, and majestic, and it made my sense of smell become blind. The way the past is playing out today is exactly like it was in the past, and one reason the letter was real was because my hands were shaking.

"I'm grateful, Anna. You can now complete your other tasks. I'll just let you know what I decide later," I said. With a nod, Anna bent over.

She whispered one more time, "Thank you, Milady," before shutting the door. Her eyes reflected the past, as I saw when she looked at me. With a sigh, I looked back at the letter I was holding.

The seal is absolutely amazing and never gets old. The intensity of the sun's beams forced me to open it, and the warmth it provided stung as soon as I did.

I transferred my belongings to the opposite side. I discovered that the letter was from the emperor when I pulled it out and read the first sentence.

His penmanship is flawless, just as it was in the past, and I always looked forward to receiving an invitation from the imperial palace. Because the emperor would take the trouble to compose a letter for a young lady like me, I thought I was the happiest person alive.

The fact that I could see Caliere was also a plus, even though he didn't extend the invitation.

That's the kind of person I used to be—cheerful, pleasant, laid-back—until those dispositions faded into the far distance. They got out of reach.

After setting the letter down and sipping my tea instead, it made me feel really upset. When I noticed that the warmth had earlier become cold, I stopped.

I noticed that the sun's rays were getting stronger through the window next to me, so I moved to block their path and protect my skin. I noticed a difference between the chair in front of me and the one I used to sit in, even if it was from earlier.

Similar to how the moon and sun are positioned on opposite sides of the sky.

I sip this cold, bittersweet tea and cast one last glance at the letter.

"This time, everything will be okay," I said with a kindness that belied the length of time I had to bear the agony. Despite drinking the chilly tea, I could still feel the warmth of my chest when my hand touched its middle.

Thinking back to what Henry had told me, I realized that everything would be alright.

"You're just too impossible to understand, and I liked that about you."

Henry was the first person I made changes for in this present, so his words were consoling. Though I mourn the past, I will demonstrate my beautiful personality today and tomorrow.