Chapter 32

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕿𝖔𝖉𝖆𝖞 𝖂𝖆𝖘 𝕬 𝕱𝖆𝖎𝖗𝖞𝖙𝖆𝖑𝖊 𝖇𝖞 𝕿𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖔𝖗 𝕾𝖜𝖎𝖋𝖙

***

Time passed by quickly and before I knew it, it's been weeks since my friends and I would hang out with my vacant time after my dance and other lessons within the imperial household with Viscountess Eldein and Caliere.

The moment that I blinked my eyes, I saw the people that filled by big frame. The ones who I never thought to be friends with in this life.

In the past, I used to think a lot about Caliere, and how he would be with me in the future, as we build the empire together.

But those only turned out as wishful thinking that never came true.

Now that I'm back from the start, I wanted to avoid that kind of thinking.

"Now that we're headed to the cake shop, are we still ordering the same cake from before?" I asked and the rest of them chuckled. This time, we ordered a different kind of flavor but Claudius remained ordering a tart cream cake.

It seemed that it truly became his favorite from the first time he tasted it. We chuckled because we couldn't help knowing that Claudius was loyal to the cake while Henry tried vanilla cake since Cain recommended that to him.

I've learned a lot of things right now, that Henry seemed to be harsh when it comes to argument but the look on his face couldn't be denied that he cared for everyone.

He seemed to have a special bond with Cain since the two of them would endlessly bicker and Claudius would also talk with Celna as if they share the same ideals.

Verfeil on the other hand would stay silent as if he didn't want to eat his cake but when I put an icing on his nose, he seemed to be surprised at first only to chuckle and did the same thing to me.

One time that I talked about the young boy I met in the auction, was because of Verfeil and how he reminded me of that young boy. They almost have the same energy when it comes to being jolly and caring.

We ended the night in a good way but before we went to the carriage, I saw someone who had the same coat and appearance as that young boy named Crane, and it never occurred to me that my feet already followed the boy even though my friends are already getting on their carriage.

Claudius followed after me only to lose track of the young boy and he eventually led me to my carriage. Verfeil was early to go back home saying that he still had some duties to do and the others bid goodbye at the same time.

Just when I was about to get on the carriage, my eyes landed on a very familiar object, on a table not far away from my direction, it was a book that I knew well.

The cover, the title of the book as well as the golden lock from the side, it was the book of Reisha and before the carriage started, I looked at Claudius one last time and I didn't even know what face I was making when I said the words I have to.

I could only look at how wide his eyes and his mouth open when the carriage started moving and I closed the door while I ran towards the market.

I don't know how many seconds it took but when I was already at the place, the book disappeared but the whole place felt unfamiliar.

Some people were looking at me with capes, they had big beards on their faces and huge eyebrows, others were holding some mug of beer from their hands while the others continued to glare in my direction.

"Oh look what do we----"

"She's a friend of mine," before an old man with a scar on his face and uneven teeth spoke, he was bald and fat, and a young boy grabbed my arm and led me behind him.