Chapter 69

𝕾𝖔𝖓𝖌 𝖙𝖔 𝖑𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖊𝖓 𝖙𝖔: 𝕮𝖗𝖚𝖊𝖑 𝕾𝖚𝖒𝖒𝖊𝖗 𝖇𝖞 𝕿𝖆𝖞𝖑𝖔𝖗 𝕾𝖜𝖎𝖋𝖙

***

When my gaze descended on the sweet aroma of the air that I'd never set foot in, until a young man I'd met, introduced the place, made the view seem like it was an old cavern where secrets were held, and outside of it, was just like a fine market diner.

People that I've never encountered in the past, seemed to linger their souls on mine, as I felt that my coat had been darted with holes from different areas.

But then, a calm and soothing voice went to caress my ears, enough to give warmth from one of my shoulders where his silhouette had me covered.

"Don't mind them," simple words, deep husky and yet whispery voice that became one with the ashes of wind came to be pinned within the ambers of my chest.

That's when my head went to look at the figure and there, I saw that shining appearance, a trait that I'd never met but felt familiar with, a smile that made me envision a person that reminded me of royalty.

But then, I couldn't even blurt out the words that I wanted to, not when I would be making the same mistakes again.

The gap between his lips, and the warmth of his minty breath, everything reminded me of a specific person who defined the longing and yet pain I felt when he left me at that moment to join the forces of the Beflore East, a friend that I once had in the past, until we lost connection.

Now that we've been reunited, I have learned some of his secrets that I never thought to have found in my previous life.

Was it such a coincidence or was it because I've never known more than what I know now in the past? Perhaps, because of that crimsonness as if it served my blood, a red light that I should have known was a warning, but it indeed caged me to be captivated, instead.

With the swaying of his brown hair that was different from his, the eyes that shone from the brightest light I've ever seen in my entire life, was a light brown that was never like him and yet, why do I feel like every time I see him, I would compare him to Verfeil?

Shaking my head with my thoughts still intact in my mind, I felt the tight grip of his long and thin fingers surrounding my hand, as if reforming them to be intertwined together.

I felt a different warmth from the people who tried to envelop their hands to mine, it was indeed making me feel as if I was floating in a distant sky, where I couldn't see anything but clouds.

From the soft whispers that turned like burnt ice in the penetrating wind of coldness, I felt my eyes shift from Crane to where our current feet halted. I found we were walking on a wooden floor, with some wooden walls, and in front of me, I could see a very familiar man.

He had his arms put together on top of his wide and yet old-looking table full of papers on the right side with pens and ink on the other. I could even see the wrinkles from his hands and some tints of black ink with his sleeves being crumpled and yet that sinister lips that couldn't be put down remained.

When I roamed around like usual, he had his men surrounding him, they were all wearing this dark cloak as if becoming one with the darkness of his room, but the edges of his seat were enough to call the lining of the rays descending on my soul.

As I felt Crane's fingers almost crumpling my skin, I looked at him not having his gaze on me but at the old man, he managed to save in the past. I could see his eyes narrowed with him almost biting his lower lips if I didn't give him the same intensity of his grip, he wouldn't have averted his attention to me at the moment.