Our Normal Life

IRIS:

The loud beeping of the alarm clock woke me up. I sit up, groggy, and sleepy from last night's studying. I tapped the button to stop its incessant screeching and stood up, slipping into my slippers and walk downstairs for breakfast.
I get down stairs where I find Asher all dressed and ready.

"You're early." I murmur through my sleepy haze

"No, I'm sure you were late."

"Haha, very funny." I grab a muffin from the bowl on the table and walk off to get ready for the day.

I get into my uncomfortable gray uniform and pack my school bag with my favorite book and the homework folder the teacher forces us to bring. The bag, slightly overstuffed, is slung onto my shoulder. I grab my bus card, and me and my brother Asher leave.

It's a chilly day, the sky is gray, and there isn't any sign that it's going to clear up any sooner. I sigh, slightly annoyed by this fact. I'm a sunny day person. Some people might like it all gray and gloomy, and I won't judge, but the sun always gives me more energy, and I'm in a happier mood. I think about Asher, who's happy all the time. I wonder if maybe someday I could be the same.

The bus arrives earlier than usual. We hop on board, and show the little machine our cards. We find a seat in the back, and we get comfortable. I pull my soft red scarf off, and hug it as I close my eyes and hope for sleep to find me. Of course it doesn't

ASHER:

We arrive at a building that would've reminded anyone who didn't know better of an insane asylum. Anyone who wasn't home schooled will know that this is the gates to hell. Also known as school.

I suddenly spot Jake running towards me.

"Asher! There you are. You're early!" he says panting
"Well yeah, i'm always early, come on man." I jab him with my elbow.

"Ready for school? We have geography and algebra in a row." I groan. Jake tries to look like he's ok, but i see his eye twitch and know immediately that he's dying internally.

The key guy finally arrives and unlocks the door. We walk in, and I see Iris from the corner of my eye, rejoining some girls. Oh well, her life her business. It was a regular day, the regular friends. Until it wasn't.