The Hidden World

It isn't permanent

Don't panic, but I will stop writing for a short period of time as I try to get a good working internet back, because if you've ever tried Google docs, it doesn't work offline.

So in the meantime I will post the story that I've written so far and I will update the update as soon as possible.

So in the meantime, enjoy the next chapter.

_______________________________

IRIS:

I open my eyes to find myself in a different world. It's a futuristic, yet an equally magical world. As Asher would put it; 'If Sci-fi and Fantasy had a baby.' And my imagined Asher wasn't wrong. Tall metallic and white building reach towards the sky. But it was equally overrun with strange plants, and... Humans? No, not humans. They were using magic. Or atleast what i'd assume as magic. Maybe it's just a tool to them. Like our phones.

I turn to my right, where Asher was staring at the view. We almost completely forget that we have company. I feel a tap on my shoulder and i jump. The spider creature calmly waits for Asher to turn around, before addressing us.

"We haven't properly introduced yet. I'm Lissa. And you two?" I haven't thought of it before but the creature is incredibly polite and gentle for someone who broke our roof.

And broke into the house.

Asher speaks first.

"I'm Asher. The girl gawking right over there is my twin sister Iris." He says pointing at me and himself. Lissa smiles.

"Alright, time to show you guys around."

After a relaxing walk around the city, we start heading in the direction of a building that stands out. A bright red building in a sea of modern and soft architecture. She opens the doors for us and we walk inside. She shows us to a platform with odd symbols engraved onto them.

"This." She says "Are engrams. You will learn how to use them soon." She walks onto the platform, which expands to her size. She gestures for us to join her, and we do.

Once we get on, Lissa starts muttering odd words that I surely can't pronounce. When she stops, flashes of light form around us, elongating and stretching around the us. I brace myself for whatever is going to happen.

And suddenly light is back to normal.
I open my eyes, and we're somewhere else. I go to look through one of the many windows to see that we're somewhere high up. I look towards Lissa for an answer, and as if reading my mind she responds to my look of confusion with:

"We have been transported to the top floor of the building." I look at her in utter awe.
I notice that Asher is extremely quiet in all of this. Which isn't normal for him. I shrug it off and follow Lissa to wherever she was going to bring us next.

ASHER:

I don't know when it started, but i started to hear people's voices. I recognized Lissa's and Iris's, but others I didn't know.

It started when I entered the city. It felt overwhelming. I wanted to vomit, but I didn't have the energy to. I just followed Iris and Lissa to a big black door plated and locked in gold.

Lissa chants in her weird language, and bright blue circles and symbols start to form on the door. Highlighting things i didn't realise were on the door. Small and detailed engravings embossed on it

I couldn't pay attention to what was on the door. But I couldn't believe what was inside the room.

Millions and MILLIONS, of brightly coloured pillows lined the walls, the roof, even the floors.

"Alright now, you two, take off your shoes before entering, we don't want to dirty the pillows." She says, walking in with her dirty spider... claw... thingies.

"We will be meeting the headmaster so that he can officially recognize you two as citizens."

I wasn't paying attention to Lissa though, I was just thinking about how amazing and horrible it would be to have neon pillows as a floor.

You know.

Weird Fungus will start to grow eventually.

But man do I love the colors. And the pillows.

And the colors.

I forget all about the dizziness that hit me moments earlier or Lissa's words. I brush my hands against the walls. Normally I would jump onto the pillows, but i don't have the energy,

I don't realise that I'm slowing down, that I'm blacking out until I'm gone.

NO I DON'T DIE,

I wouldn't be narrating if I was.

No I blacked out.
But It felt like death

And I don't know why.