Little Prince?

Opal peeks her head into Jasper's nursery, where her mom is busy prepping him for the day. Cassandra changes his diaper, feeds him a bottle, and burps him until he spits up happily. Opal loves her little brother, but sometimes... he can be really gross.

     "Hey Mommy? I have a question," Opal says. She has been wondering about something for a while. "Since I'm gonna be queen when I grow up, does that make me a princess?"

     "Sort of. I guess you could say that," Cassandra replies. "But it's not official until your Anointing Ceremony."

     "So, does that mean that Jasper is a prince?"

     Cassandra shakes her head. "That's not how it works, kiddo. You're the chosen heir, not Jasper."

     "But... he's my brother," Opal says. It doesn't make sense to her!

     Cassandra kneels down to Opal's level, holding Jasper on her hip. "But the new line of Corona heirs goes through you now, Opal. One day, when you have kids of your own, they will be princes or princesses."

     Opal tries to understand, but it's confusing for her young brain to comprehend. Cassandra doesn't like seeing her so perplexed, so an idea comes to her:

     "Hey kiddo, do you want to hold your little brother?"

     Opal's eyes widen excitedly. "I can hold him?"

     Sensing the excitement, Jasper babbles eagerly.

     Opal sits down on an ottoman, and Cassandra gently places Jasper in her lap. Jasper stares up at his sister with a grin, reaching for her pigtails.

     "I promise," Opal says to Jasper, smiling down at him lovingly. "When I'm queen, I'll make you an official prince!"

 "When I'm queen, I'll make you an official prince!"