2. world map

CHAPTER 1's SCREENCAPPED POLL RESULTS:

Pling pling.

Pling pling pling~

The repetitive noises continued as a strange blue screen smacked against the cheek of a man lying face-down in the middle of an endless white world.

With no one to read its text, the screen had to resort to the auto-speech feature to make itself heard. A mechanical male voice rattled out three sentences.

[DAN, WAKE UP. IT'S BEEN THREE DAYS. THE POLL RESULTS ARE IN.]

"Huh, already?!"

With a start, the nondescript extra pushed himself up from the ground, a glimmer of excitement in his mismatched-sized eyes.

[CONGRATULATIONS,] the screen narration began in time with the text.

"Can I go home now?"

[YOU HAVE BEEN SELECTED BY THE READERS TO STAY.]

"What?!"

[YES. IT SEEMS THEY SEE POTENTIAL IN YOU.]

"How many people voted?!"

[CALCULATING...AS OF LOCAL AUTHOR TIME THERE WERE A TOTAL OF 3 VOTES BETWEEN W*TTP*D AND SCR*BBLEH*B. ALL VOTES WENT IN YOUR FAVOR.]

"This isn't doing me any favors at all!" Dan began to pace, his nubby arms crossed behind his back. "I don't want to be part of the spotlight. I just—I wanted to go back to where I came from! Where I belong!"

[YOU HAVE NOTHING THERE.]

"Yes I do!"

[NO IDENTITY, NO FRIENDS, NOT EVEN FAMILY.]

"That's fine! I've been alone all the past 3 days without a problem, right?"

[YOU WON'T HAVE DIALOGUE OR ANY MORE SCREENTIME. DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS?]

"I can live my life in peace!"

[YOU WILL BE FORGOTTEN AND CEASE TO EXIST.]

"It's not like there's much difference existing for three readers, either!"

Ignoring his complaints, the window screen launched into a lecture about net views and how early chapters rarely got much attention, especially in an oversaturated webnovel market where anyone could publish for free—but of course Dan wasn't having any of it.

[THE DECISION IS FINAL. WE WILL NOW BEGIN WITH THE BACKGROUND INFORMATION TUTORIAL MODE.]

"Wait, I never agreed—heeeek!" Dan stopped mid-sentence, because the floor beneath him had changed into a colorful map depicting seven different countries. He was standing right in the middle of the ocean on the map, which rippled beneath his feet like real waves as he shifted on his feet.