3. saintess

CHAPTER 2 VOTE RESULTS (Wattpad & ScribbleHub): 

Winner: Saintess

Winner: Saintess

[...THEY WANT YOU TO BE THE SAINTESS.]

"What? Why?"

[IT WAS THE MAJORITY VOTE.]

"Didn't you say the market's oversaturated with saintess stories?!"

[SO PUT A TWIST ON IT. AND BY THE WAY, JUST BEING MALE WON'T DO IT EITHER. SOME OTHER MC* DID IT FIRST AND FABULOUSLY 4 YEARS AGO.]

"Was that just a plug for a completely different stor—"

[I'M SENDING YOU TO JOKOSKIA NOW.]

"H-hold on, Window—!"

Zzzap!

Seconds later, Dan had vanished from the white space. The blue screen blinked in place for a few seconds. If it could sigh, it certainly would've by now. It was an unromantic existence by nature, a product of the Author's logic made to deal with the characters in a rational manner. Therefore, the current situation left it stumped. The saintess, even if she was now he, was a pure and inviolable status in the world of Aleria.

[HOW ARE WE GOING TO SQUEEZE IN A ROMANCE PLOTLINE WITH THIS SETUP...?]

But this was no place to complain. Now that the protagonist's setting was fixed, it was time to make up the rest of the world, including the all-important love interests. Could Dan really succeed as he was, though? Maybe they'd have to consult the readers again...

Slowly but surely, the newly-named "Window" vanished from the scene as well.

Once again, Dan woke up in a world of white. But there were different textures this time—the clean cotton sheets beneath his body, the gauzy curtain hanging around him, and a surprisingly soft pillow clutched in his arms.

Wait, clutched?

He had...hands?

Shocked, Dan sat straight up in his bed and dropped the pillow, gazing in wonder at his newly-minted human limbs. He even had fingers! All 10 of them!