Chapter 27: Breaking The Status Quo

"Does anyone have any questions?" Danielle asked into the microphone. Instantly, the whole room shot up, shouting one by one.

Danielle looked around and picked one of the reporter, "Is it true you really got married to this girl?"

"Yes."

Another reporter asked, "Where did you meet?"

"That is none of your concern," Haerin coughed into the microphone. Danielle looked at her, before nodding. Below the table, she gripped Haerin's thigh, "Let me do the talking Kitty."

"Would you like to comment on how these photos were taken?"

"The photos were taken without my, or my wife's acknowledgement. There was an intruder during the event, we will be working hard into identifying the person, and taking necessary actions."

"How would your marriage affect your career?"

"I would be here to promise that my marriage will have no impact on my career whatsoever. I will continue to produce songs, and perform."

"You do know that in current state of the industry, being a kpop idol but married gives you a bad disadvantage. What do you think of it?"

"I hope everyone treats me as their singer. And I will treat them no different than how I treated my Marshmellows before."

"What is your take about you losing over a million followers after the news have been published?"

"I want everyone to know that regardless of whether I'm married or not, I will still love and cherish my fans the same. And I will still put out the same quality of music."

"May I ask your wife a few questions?" One of the reporter raised his hands.

Danielle whispered into Haerin's ears, "Do you want to answer any questions? Only if you want to..."

Haerin said, "Sure, I don't mind."

"You may," Danielle instructed the reporter.

"We have found that you are still studying in High School right now? How does it feel being a student married to someone that is so influential? Do you have any comments about your marriage?" She asked.

Haerin tapped the microphone nervously, creating a weird reverperate sharp screech, before it slowly died down. She inched her lips towards the microphone, before answering, "I uh...  I don't think that my school life will be affected... And for what's happening, I love Danielle very much."

Danielle giggled like a child when she heard Haerin admit loving her in front of all the press as her face turned as red as a tomato.

"Why did you marry Danielle? Are you trying to profit off of her fame and her reputation?" Another reporter asked, shoving a microphone in front of Haerin.

That seemed to get Danielle mad as she pushed the microphone away before grabbing Haerin's hands, dragging her away.

"I didn't get to answer the question Dani..." Haerin pouted.

Danielle suddenly kissed her, pressing her lips tightly and firmly on Haerin's, before pulling away. "You don't have to, I know you're not doing that, and anyone who thinks that doesn't deserve our attention."

Haerin smiled gleefully, "You're right."

As they walked out of the room, the boss was waiting for them. As he saw the two of them exiting the room, he clapped his hands.

"Good job Danielle, the media is crazy about you right now, saying you break the normal stereotype," He sighed, "I don't know how you always do it Danielle, but you have some power over everyone I don't understand."

"So does this mean I get to keep my job?" Danielle looked at her boss with two hopeful lost puppy-doll eyes, begging him to let her stay.

"Yes, thanks to the traction that the press has gained for us, you have received more attention than ever before," He explained.

Danielle hugged Haerin before taking her two hands, jumping up and down.

Haerin looked confused but started jumping as well, following her wife's enthusiasm and momentum.

Author's Note: I know this chapter was kinda awkward and filler but :D Anyways please check out my new book! Thank you!

Title: My Business Partner

Description: Minji broke Hanni's heart when she found out Minji was seeing Haerin behind her back. But 10 years have passed, they both have their own careers but Minji desperately wished she had a second chance with the love of her life. But what if she did? (Close proximity trope)

A Newjeans Story

Please vote for the story if you enjoyed it as it will really help me push the story out to more people :D Thank you!