Prologue

A/N: I forgot to mention Yn is 12 when she escapes, as are Pietro and Wanda. They meet again at age 18. It's a small change, but there shouldn't be too many.

I did it

I got out

After my Uncle escaped and my boyfriend and best friend got transferred to a new base (I heard they got out), I'm finally getting away. But I'm not free yet.

I run faster and faster, hoping to outrun them. They're gaining on me. I feel a bullet graze my arm, so I pull out my gun, turn around and shoot. I have outstanding aim, so they all hit right where I want them to. Right in the stomach. I don't want to kill anymore unless I have to, so if I can get away with just harming these agents, that's fine with me.

I lose them, though I can still hear them behind me following. I find this small trail that I nearly missed, take a sharp right turn, and sprint as fast as I can-which, thanks to my father and HYDRA, is pretty fast. I make it to a town, no wait, it's a city with a crowded street, sidewalk, everything. I find a dark, quiet, empty alleyway to rest in. Now that I'm free and out of harm's path, allow me to introduce myself.

The name HYDRA gave me was America's Child. The name my parents gave me when I was born is Yn Rogers. Now, I know what you're probably thinking, and the answer is yes. I am the daughter of the famous Steve Rogers, a.k.a. Captain America. HYDRA sent the Winter Soldier, who is my Uncle Bucky, to come and kidnap me when I was 10. I'm now 12. I've been with HYDRA for 70 years. The way they made this possible was I would be put into cyro-freeze when I wasn't of use, which was a chamber where they could freeze us and our aging. When I was 11, I learned that my Uncle escaped. They transferred me to a new base in New York. Though, I don't know which city. There, I met Wanda and Pietro Maximo-

"Hey, Kid!"

I look up to see a cop standing in front of me. "Yes, sir?"

"Where are your parents?"

"Dead."

"Where are your guardians?"

"Don't have any."

"What's your name?"

That is where I made a mistake. I was so used to introducing myself to targets before killing them that I said," Yn Rogers, America's Child."

I realized what I said and widened my eyes. The cop requested backup just in case and grabbed his handcuffs. I knew I could outrun him. I just outran HYDRA, for God's sake, but I didn't run. I let him take me to jail and lock me away in juvie. I didn't get out until I was 18. That is where my story begins.