Ch 5

"So that's how I got off with only 6 years of juvie. Without Fury, I don't like to think about where I'd be right now." I concluded.

"Wait a minute... Fury knew where you were?" Uncle Bucky asks me.

"Ya... he helped me get the deal..."

"So your telling me that he has listened to Steve and I talk about you nonstop for the past 5 years, and hasn't said jack shit about knowing where you were?"

"To be fair, Bucky, you told us to not tell Steve about knowing Y/n in HYDRA because it would hurt him more," Wanda started to say,

"Ya, as much as it sucks, maybe Fury was trying to do the same thing." Pietro finishes.

"What about you guys?" I ask, "What have you all been up to these past 6 years?"

They tell me about how they became Avengers, and lets just say they had some wild rides. Wanda had to stop me from beating up Pietro for his near death experience fighting Ultron.

"Get to bed, doll, you've got a big day tomorrow."

"Ok, Uncle Bucky."

Bucky's POV

I walk down the stairs the next morning, still wrapping my head around the fact that my niece is here and Fury knew where she was but didn't say anything. That one really pissed me off.

"Hey, Steve, I'll be right back, I'm gonna go on a run," I called out to him.

"Hey, I'll come with you." He responded, walking towards me.

"No it's fine, I need some time to myself to think."

"Alright, Buck, just be careful."

"I will, Punk, see ya later."

"See ya, Jerk."

I jogged over to SHEILD headquarters and stormed into Fury's office.

"How many times have you heard Steve and I talk about Y/n, yet you never saw it necessary to  tell us you knew where she was?!" I shouted. "I have been scared shitless about  what they might be doing to her, and she's been in juvie the whole time?"

"Barnes, I wouldn't use that tone with me, considering you have no room to talk. You knew she was at HYDRA and alive and made no move to tell Rogers that his daughter was not dead like his wife."

"I was trying to find a way to sneak out and raid the bases so I could find her, but I was just let off house arrest a few months ago and everyone was still watching me like a hawk. And no, I didn't tell Steve that she was in HYDRA because then he would start blaming himself and let his emotions cloud his judgement. You do not get to use that against me when her being in juvie is better than her being there, I could have visited her and not have had to worry as much."

And with that, I walked out of the room and jogged back to the compound.