𝚃һ𝖊 𐐛ⅈ𝚏𝖊 օ𝚏 𝔸 𝐹𝔯𝖊𝖊 𐊢ɑ𝘵

Currenttail had entered the medicine den, a sweet smell mixed with herbs filling the air. Reminding him of Pureheart's presence.

"Heya Current!" She had purred strongly as she greeted him. Pureheart was a kittypet long ago in her kithood. But she didn't remember much of it because of her early arrival to the clan. Yet she still gave cats nicknames, which was her only memory of kittypet life.

Currenttail had greeted her with a purr as well, though wincing in pain. He didn't come here for no reason, but he had gotten a wound earlier from a falling tree branch.

"Oops! Let me get that settled for you!" Pureheart bounced over to her herb storage. Currenttail probably couldn't name anything of them, maybe cobweb? Other than that, he was clueless.

Pureheart had grabbed a cobweb and a herb which to him seemed the same as the rest. What was he supposed to know?

"Eat this please." She had said, implying the herb, not the cobweb... obviously.

Currenttail ate the bitter herb, he wished to spit it out. Though he didn't want to look like a whiny kit, sucking it up to himself as he felt cobwebs cover the small cut.

"It's not a bad wound, I highly doubt it will get infected." Pureheart explained, "though I might take a glance at it every so often incase you open it up further."

Currenttail had nodded, though silent. He was afraid he would stutter like is usually did to cats. Yet for some reason it was worst around the young medicine cat. Which caused him to nod or shake his head for simple answers. Not wanting for her to deal with him struggling for words.

"You might as well be on your way now then!" Pureheart had piped up, breaking the silence easily with her extroverted personality, "Sunpaw's warrior ceremony is today. And I think you should be there to watch your former denmate and friend experience the most important day of his life!"

First of all, Sunpaw was more of an acquaintance. But Currenttail didn't was to leave a nasty comment about him to the kind she-cat. But she was right, a few moons ago Currenttail had been in the apprentice den. But he had became a warrior early, and didn't stay in long with the recent apprentices.

At least I was becoming a warrior on time. I can tell Emberpaw's ceremony will be delayed. But who knows what is up with her?

"A- alright." Currenttail had told Pureheart following her instructions as he headed out of the den, watching Sunpaw's mentor Juniperbush talk to Fernstar.

The meeting and ceremony was bound to be soon. Currenttail had decided to linger around the Freerock as he looked out for Sunpaw.

He hadn't talked to him often, and only glanced at him ever since he was a warrior. By now the apprentice was his size, if not bigger. Boasting to warriors, and probably criticizing Emberpaw now that he soon wouldn't be her rank.

He had looked over to Emberpaw, who hadn't changed since he saw her. But he had talked to her often. Though it was forced from her making conversation with him.

She was lying in the sun, raising a paw up and unsheathing it and sheathing it in boredom. Obviously not listening to Sunpaw. She was in her own little world. Clearly not paying attention to anything that surrounded her.

Currenttail headed over to the apprentices, just curious of overhearing what Sunpaw was boasting so proudly of himself. He was bored right now, and maybe Emberpaw would talk to him. He liked listening over talking, and found it soothing. Not with Emberpaw, but at least it was better than listening to Sunpaw. Or doing nothing.

"And it was when I had so much prey, I had enough to feed the clan that Juniperbush decided that I was deemed worthy of being a warrior!"

Currenttail had sat next to the warriors. But it had seemed the story telling had ended as Sunpaw ran to his mother. Leaving the warriors to disperse from the clan and await the call of a clan meeting. Which would also probably be delayed by Sunpaw taking too long to groom himself to perfection.