𝚃օ һ𝖊𝔯𝓼𝖊𝘐𝚏

Emberpaw woke up in her den, taking the advantage of having it all to herself. It would be like that til the end of her apprenticeship. Since Valleyjay's kits were too young, she pretty much owned the den.

"I'm going to make my bed humongous." She told herself, "It'll be a little boring though since I can't put thorns in Sunmist's bedding.."

Emberpaw had rolled out of her soon-to-be-huge nest and onto her paws. She groomed a few hairs that stuck out before trotting out of the den. Greeted by the rays of sunlight.

She wondered where Monarchwing was, she was Emberpaw's second mentor. She was well, struggling with Emberpaw. The she-cat was afraid she would lose another mentor. She didn't want Fernstar to be disappointed...

A few cats were awake, so it could've just been that Monarchwing was sleeping. But it was unusual for her to sleep in. Perhaps Sunmist had annoyed her. That seemed possible.

Speaking of Sunmist, he was awake and outside. Emberpaw had tried to walk past him quickly. Not wanting another insult or boast. However, she wasn't fast enough.

"How does it feel being the only one who has to get told what to do?" Sunmist laughed as he sneered at her. His tail wrapped around his paws as he lowered his face from the rock he was standing on.

"Meh, it's alright." Emberpaw shrugged, "But hey, I don't have anymore rats bothering me." She added, implying Sunmist. She grinned to herself as she saw Sunmist scowl. With that she walked away. Emberpaw didn't have time for him, it's not like he was going to be a great warrior some day.

Emberpaw was though. It's just that nobody believed her. Everyone had treated her like a kit. Even Currenttail, who was one of the cats she actually enjoyed talking to before yesterday. They believed her dream was a lie, which she guessed could be reasonable. She lied a lot, but why would she lie about this? Attention? They were stupid.

Freestar had told her that her name would be remembered for seasons, that she would be just as important as him in history. He also added something strange, "You will have the strength of Jay, though I hope you'll get a bit more recognition." She hadn't known who Jay was. But if they were super great and cool like her, then she approved of being similar to them.

Emberpaw had paused for a moment in her stroll around camp, hearing the yawn of Monarchwing. Did that mean she could go out of camp now? Learn something useful this time? She had ran up to the front of the warriors den, making Monarchwing flinch.

"Please don't do that again." She hissed before walking past her, "We're going hunting today. We'll work on your crouch."

My crouch is perfect! She thought abruptly, angered by the warrior's comment.

Emberpaw had a struggle with hunting. Well, she wasn't good at anything. But that was just when someone was watching. When Emberpaw was alone, she had perfected the crouch and leapt gracefully. When she had fought off a rogue every move was precise and seemed as if she practiced a lifetime on it. But nobody believed she fought a rogue, or caught all that good prey when hunting patrol's split up.

Her crouch was admittedly a tad bit off, but Monarchwing didn't realize that was her problem. She was too loud and didn't do things right when around her. But again, when alone she was as silent.

It was strange for such an extroverted cat. But she didn't know how to fix it, her biggest weakness. She silently sighed as she followed Monarchwing outside of the camp, her tail was slightly lashing side to side. How was she going to become a warrior if she couldn't show anyone?

Once far enough from camp, but still on FreeClan territory; Emberpaw started sniffing the air. It was filled with prey, but was far away. She took a few moments to figure out what was the closest. But there was a rabbit nearby.