𝑵օ𝘵 𝚃һ𝖊 𝚃ɑ𝘐𝚔ɑ𝘵ⅈv𝖊 𝚃𝑦𝚙𝖊

With a swift bite, the squirrel was dead. The last prey for his hunt. Currenttail picked up the magpie and vole before heading back to camp.

He probably should have joined the patrol earlier. But he had missed it by a bit, and didn't want to wait. So he had just started to hunt himself. A new patrol probably would have came out now. But it was too late. He was already finished with his contribution to the clan.

He dropped his freshkill in the pile. Maybe he should give something to Pureheart? He could tell she had tried talking to him multiple times. And his stuttering problem made it seem awkward. He didn't want to seem uncomfortable.

He brought his prey to the medicine den. Expecting purrs to erupt from the bubbly she-cat. Yet it was filled with pure silence. No cats were found. But the herbs were sorted. He figured.

It seemed as if Pureheart had already gathered herbs. So why wasn't she here? He shrugged as he exited the den, he shouldn't care. Currenttail didn't know medicine cat stuff.

He looked around. Not seeing her. But Emberpaw seemed to be in the same spot she had been laying in since he left. She must've seen Pureheart leave.

"Do you know where Pureheart is?" Currenttail asked Emberpaw.

Her fur spiked up as she let out a threatening hiss, "Why tell you? Figure it out for yourself."

Currenttail grumbled.

"If your so curious about a cat that barely talks to you she's doing random medicine cat stuff!" Emberpaw added louder, "Now go away."

Obviously Emberpaw hadn't gotten over what had happened yesterday. When she had told him about her pretend dream. Currenttail didn't believe it. Maybe he just had to figure out how to knock some sense into her.

Without a protest Currenttail had walked away, finding a spot to enjoy the freshkill for himself. He had doubted Emberpaw caught anything herself, so she probably couldn't eat.

Shes so boastful, and ambitious, yet she can't do anything herself! How does she expect anyone to believe that? She rarely can catch a mouse! Currenttail thought rather rudely.

He felt the apprentice's eyes narrowing at him suspiciously. As if she knew what he was thinking. Any cat could figure he was thinking bad thoughts about Emberpaw. Who didn't?

Yet somehow, she had gotten Fernstar as her new mentor. She had been too much for Monarchwing, and the former cat had given up. Her former mentor, Fallenbranch had given up as well. But he had died to a venomous adder just a few days after. Causing a whole drama about Emberpaw killing him.

But she could barely attack someone right in front of her. It was impossible, and Fernstar cleared the rumor quickly. Perhaps mentoring her and defending her was an act of pity. The apprentice might never become a warrior.

It would knock some sense into her. Maybe she would actually start putting effort, especially if she was still an apprentice when Songkit and Ashkit's ceremony came around. It would be kind of funny, but sad.

Currenttail shook his head as he took a bite out of his prey. He couldn't keep on thinking about how bad Emberpaw was.He had better things to do. The apprentice being last.

"Currenttail, I want to save prey for the kits. Do you mind sharing with me?" Asked a voice, when Currenttail took a quick glance he had thought Pureheart was back. Causing him to nod.

But the golden cat had green eyes. Making him realize it was Tansyleaf. Pureheart's sister. He didn't stutter as much to her as Pureheart, but his voice was shakey as he let out a quiet, "Sure."