nerd vs rugby lad

The curly haired boy walks into school for the final week of the school year. Jumping with excitement, he makes his way to the main playground where he always meets his friends, Tao, Elle and Issac, every morning.

"One more week! One more week!" He chants to all of his group. This year has gone very slow for all of them, so they cannot wait for the break.

"Yes, Yes we're all VERY excited!" Tao says to the other three, although issac is so engrossed in his book he probably isn't listening.
Soon after, the bell goes for the start of the day. Charlie walks quickly to his form room, fo avoid being late.

"Hi!" Nick says with a huge grin on his face.
Nick is Charlie's best friend from birth, and also the captain of the rugby team.
"Hi" Charlie replied while getting his stuff out of his bag.

"Char," Nick says, getting Charlie's attention, and also causing him to blush lightly at the Nickname. He has had a crush on Nick for ages, but has had to try get over it as Nicks definitely straight.

Nick continues, "Wanna come round mine after school? My mums not gonna be home so we'd have the house to ourselves for a bit." He winks and I think I actually lose it. We've always jokingly flirted, however Charlie often wished it was real.
"Yeah sure!" Charlie says, happy to spend more time with him.

The day went by pretty quickly, and it was now time for the two boys to head back to Nick's. Luckily it was only a short bus journey, so they got home in a matter of time. They both head straight upstairs to play Mario cart like they do everyday.

Nicks pov:

"Ugh how do you always win??" I say frustrated, after my 6th loss in a row. After years of knowing Charlie, I have not once beaten him (without cheating).

"You just suck!" Charlie says to me, with a smug look on his face. The sun is shining bright through the cracks in my curtains, illuminated is beautiful Hazel eyes and perfectly tanned skin. How is this boy so perfect I think to myself, taking in his beauty.
I've been questioning my sexuality alot recently. My feelings for Charlie are definitely not just platonic. I used to think I just really liked him as a friend, but I have now come to my senses and realised I'm bisexual. I'm not out to anyone yet though, not even Charlie.

"Earth to Nick." I am snapped out of my thoughts by Charlie yelling at me. Crap! I was staring right at him that whole time I zoned out.

Charlie's pov:

"I know I said you suck but surely that didn't make your brain just switch off immediately." I say after shaking Nick out of his daydream. Why was he just staring at me. No. It was nothing. He probably just zoned out.

"Oi Nerd!" Nick shouts. He then grabs both my hands and pins them above my head so I can't move.

"What did you say to me?" He says, trying to be serious but not succeeding. He jumps onto the bed so I am underneath him, and he's practically sitting on top of me. Butterfly's fill my stomach as I look up at him, his beautiful freckles on his face almost shining. He's making it impossible for me to move. Or even think for that matter.

"Get off me rugby lad!" I eventually say, and again start trying to squirm out of his grip. I fail miserably.

Nicks pov:

I have Charlie pinned to the bed, him aggressively trying wriggle free from my grip. After a minute or so, he suddenly stops moving, trying to catch his breathe and we make eye contact. I feel my heartbeat speed up, and my cheeks burning up, most likely making me look like a strawberry. His cheeks also blush my favourite baby pink colour, and I relax once again.
We stay there, calm and mesmerised, for what feels like hours, but is probably only a few seconds. Till Charlie suddenly looks away and goes to sit up.
"Sorry" He says and I let go of his hands, sad to no longer be in close proximity with him. What just happened.

We spend the rest of the afternoon laying in my bed watching films. However I can hardly focus, as my mind is just on a constant replay of our, well, moment. Holding Charlie's soft hands tightly as i stare into his eyes and admire his perfect thick curls. I wish I could have stayed in that moment forever, there just laying in my room. How I'd love to go out on dates, snuggle up in my bed as he sleeps on my chest. To just call him mine. Nick and Charlie. It sounds right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

T

he rest of the week goes by very quickly, probably due to the fact that absolutely no work gets done. Everyone is way to excited for the 6 week holidays.

It's first morning and I'm sitting in form, talking fo Charlie like usual, when I remember the end of year party that is being thrown this evening. I wasn't going to go, but I really wanted to spend more time with Charlie, out of our house. We was still obviously gonna see eachother constantly over summer, but it would still be one nice final celebration with him.

"Are you going to the party this evening?"