The beach

*Time skip - the weekend before school*

Nicks pov:

Me and Charlie had spent the whole summer together, and believe me when I tell you it was fucking amazing. Every day (and night) we spent together, going round eachothers houses, going on cinema dates, picnic dates, concerts and so much more. Over this summer break, I have come to realise how much I love Charlie Spring, and just how much I need him in my life. But is it to soon to say those three words?

However, today was the last weekend we had before school starts again. The dreaded six form.
But of course we had to make the most of the last 2 days of break, so me and Charlie had planned to go Herne Bay beach for the day. Just us and the sea air. I wanted to make this date perfect for him.

I had also planned to come out to my mum that evening, but that's only if I can build up the courage. But Charlie is staying over, so he will be there with me the whole time. It'll be okay. As long as he's there with me I can do anything.

I pick Charlie up at 8, so we get the whole day together. We take the train, which getnus there around 9:30. Date time!
We walk hand in hand towards the peir, for our first part of the date. Without telling Charlie, I have booked us in for 'Mario cart to the death', as the website called it, but its basically just a large gaming tournament, this time with Mario cart. I knew Charlie would love it, as he's always been really good at the game.

"Suprise!" I shout as I lead him into the tent. It is full of gaming setups, with huge monitors everywhere. Charlie looks around, taking in everything he can see.
"Holy shit Nick this is amazing!" He hugs me tight and I ruffle my hand through his curls.
"I'm so glad you like it!"
I was a bit worried when I booked it, as it just seemed like such a random event to have at a beach, so I didn't know if it was a scam. But im glad I went for it, as the smile on Charlie's face makes everything worth it.

The first race starts at 10, which is in about 15 minutes, so me and Charlie get to our seats and play some warm-up games. But I get quite easily distracted when I see how happy and in his element Charlie looks. He's always loved video games, so just being here in such a professional setting really gets him going.

3rd person:

'One minute till the race begins! Pick up your controllers and get ready to race!'
A voice says over the speakers. Both boys pick up their controllers and turn their game faces on.

'THREE

TWO

ONE

GO GO GO!!'

The boys in full focus try their best to get around the course in the shortest time possible while also trying to avoid the other players. Shells and bombs are being thrown from every direction, screams and groans can be heard all around from angry gamers trying to win. Halfway through the game, Charlie is placing 3rd and Nick 6th. They're both incredibly focused on their screens.

As the first race comes to an end, the leader board is very close. Charlie has placed 2nd, with Nick close behind in 3rd.
"Ugh I got 2nd." Charlie moans at himself. To anyone else, 2nd would be amazing, but to Charlie, who is very competitive, this is a huge loss.
"Hey babe, it's alright it's only the first game." Nick say, comforting his boyfriend, "And anyway, you still beat me like usual."
Charlie laughs and puts his head up again. He knew he could win.

The fourth and final race has finished, and suspence is high. Nick and Charlie have a tight grip of eachothers hands, just waiting for something to happen

Nicks pov:

They start reading put the final scores from the bottom of the leaderboard. Neither mine or Charlie's name is said, till they get to the top 3.

'In third place is...'

Drumroll.

'Nicholas Nelson!' A loud applause goes through the room, the loudest being Charlie who is now practically sitting on me.
"I beat you once again. He whispers into my ear. Before I can argue back, the speakers go of again.

'In second place is...'

More drumroll.

'Alice Hart!'

Another round of applaude start, but is soon silenced by the again by the speakers.

"Meaning in first place we have Charlie Spring!! Congratulations!'

I jump up and lift Charlie into my arms,
"OH MY FUCKING GOD I ACTUALLY WON!!" Charlie screams in excitement as I spin us round in circles.
"I knew you could do it, I'm so proud of you!!" And I seriously am. Words can't explain how proud I am. I kidd him hard and passionately, not even caring if anyone sees.

After a while of celebrating Charlie's win (and way to much kissing that is probably acceptable in public) we head to the from to collect Charlie's trophy. Its this amazing golden controller with the word '2023 gaming champion' engraved on it. Thankfully the reward collection isn't a big thing, as I don't think Charlie could deal with all those eyes on him. I so got a medal for placing in the top 3.

It's about 11:30 when we leave the tent, as we spent so long chatting. We decide to spend a little while in the arcade, where I win a stuffed dog on a claw machine. Obviously I give this to Charlie. We then have a game of mini gold, which I beat charlie in, then we go to get fish and chips. I lead Charlie slowly through eating his meal, trying not to rush him. He did an incredible job, only leaving a few chips.

We spend the rest of the afternoon cuddling on the beach and going in the sea.

Charlies pov:

I am reading on Nicks chest, when he suddenly speaks,
"I was thinking of coming out to my mum tonight."
I am taken slightly by surprised due to the random timing of this, but immediately go into fluttering him with compliments.
"Nick listen to me. You are the strongest and bravest person I have ever met, and if it wasn't for you, I probably wouldn't still be here right now. And I know your mum will support you. Your so perfect and amazing, and if she doesn't, she would be stupid. I'm always here for you ."

With no response from Nick, I look up and see him crying, his face red and puffy. He must notice the worry on my face as he says,
"What did I do to deserve you?" He sniffs, burying his face into my hair.
"I could say the same thing"
My head relaxes on his chest again, and I stare into the sea.

"I love you" says Nick, still in tears. I just look up and smile.
"I love you too"