15. the actual Eurovision

After all he experienced that day, he wasn't sure if going into a big crowd was the right choice. But he had to put his own thoughts aside and think about the fact that he is doing it for his boyfriend.

They decided to queue early so they could get better view and maybe Jere would actually see him waving the big flag he bought just for him. They were ready to stand or sit in the line for a few hours but when the security guy noticed them he told them that they could get inside because they were also contestants.

"Wow this feels...empty." Jure was looking around the big hall that will be filled with millions of people in a few hours.
Apart from the workers and us there was no one in the front part of the hall. Obviously people were getting ready in the backstage but no one came here.

"I feel the opposite of claustrophobic. This is gigantic." Kris was also amazed.
It really was. They always thought of the stage as really big but seeing it compared to the whole hall it seemed the usual size.

When other people were starting to get in, they made sure to get the front rows, right in the middle. Bojan was really hoping Jere would look my way when performing but he had to remind himself that this isn't a concert so he cannot just interact with anyone.

After some time the whole thing started. The commentators got on stage and it was ready to begin. It was a shame that Jere was the last one of the contestants but at least some other very good performances were before him.

Like for example, Alessandra who opened the whole semi-final and who sang beautifully. The boys had a flag for her ready and they cheered excitely. They enjoyed most of the songs, I've listed the ones they liked best before when talking about the flags. But obviously they were waiting for the last act and also the crowd's favorite, Käärijä.

They got recognized by a few people in the crowd and they took some photos and signed some stuff. When the fans asked who they were cheering for, they all answered Finland but mentioned their other winners as well.

And then there he was. Everyone's favorite, the Finn. Well it actually started with the crew putting the big box onto the stage and the commentators announcing Finland.

Then the beat started. Jere punched the box he was in so that he could look out and he sang the first verse of the song. He continued doing the choreography he practised for the last few months.

//hey guys I'm sorry that this chapter took me so long I was kinda out of the fandom but now I'm kinda back <3