Prologue

The film opens up with the Paramount Pictures logo, the rings being in the place of the stars flying across the ocean and forming the iconic arch over the mountain.

The SEGA logo (which is built out of multiple recordings of many of the games made throughout the company's 82-year history) then zooms out into view...

...and then the Original Film logo appears, the changes being that the (now metallic blue) letters are now presented on a bright red background.

The camera zooms into the city and two blazing specks of light dash all over the place as one shoots lasers at the other. We then see an aircraft flying throughout while it's chasing a blue alien creature, whom we then see full closeups of each. The scene freezes after an explosion which the blue creature barely misses.

"So. I know what you're thinking. Why is that incredibly handsome hedgehog being chased by a madman with a mustache from the Civil War?"

The scene unfreezes and the chase resumes.

"Well, to be honest, it feels like I've been running my whole life. Is this too much? Am I going too fast? It's kind of what I do. You know what? Let's back up"

Sonic mimics a rewind sound effect as the movie...literally rewinds back to the start.

Throughout the narration, we see various shots of Sonic zipping through the terrain and land of South Island.

"This is the island where I'm from"

Paramount Pictures Presents appears in white letters and disappears.

"It had everything"

In Association with Sega Sammy Group appears in white letters and disappears

"Sandy beaches, cascading waterfalls, public access to loop-de-loops; and I never had to catch a school bus because I could run across the entire island in less than two seconds"

Universal pictures presents.

An Original Film Production appears in white letters and we see a closeup of a younger-looking Sonic running across the terrain as the text disappears... oh, and shows a younger Sonic running through the island at incredible speed.

"Also, there was no school. I know, pretty sweet island, right?"

He runs across a ramp and shoots up into the air while excitedly striking a pose...

"Yeah!"

before landing back on the ground and continue to zip through his island he called home.

"I was born with extraordinary powers and was told to keep them secret"

A Marza Animation Planet/Blur Studio Production appears in white letters.

"And like any kid, I did the exact opposite"

Dreamworks animation studio

He runs up some bridges leading to a small house, curls into a ball, jumps up, and playfully bumps Longclaw awake.

"That's Longclaw. She took care of me"

Sonic laughs happily shortly after landing on the floor.

"She was basically Obi-Wan Kenobi... if... Obi-Wan Kenobi had a beak and ate mice"

"Sonic... someone could've seen you!"

"No one saw me; i'm too fast!"

He then pulls out a flower he picked from the outside, and shows it to her.

"And, I wanted to bring you this!"

which touches Longclaw. ...but just before she could grab it, she notices a tribe of many other creatures in the trees, aiming their weapons at the duo.

"GET DOWN!"

She then shuts the door and grabs Sonic to protect him.

They fire their arrows from their bows at almost every corner of Longclaw's house (along with one breaking through the window and impaling Sonic's flower, pinning it to the wooden floor).

They then climb through the windows and prepare to attack and capture them both.

"Turns out with great power, comes great power-hungry bad guys"

"And I led them right to us"

but Longclaw breaks through the back window and flies away as the tribe continues to fire arrows at them.

But eventually, someone who looks like the leader of the tribe fires his arrow and strikes Longclaw through her side, knocking her and Sonic out of the sky and sending them plummeting down to the ground.

She gets up and puts a very concerned Sonic back on his feet as he looks up at her.

"Listen carefully, Sonic"

"You have a power unlike anything I have ever seen... and that means someone will always want it, The only way to stay safe is to stay hidden"

She takes a ring from her satchel and tosses it, which opens a portal to another location...which was a nightly forest.

"This world is on the far side of the universe... you should be safe there"

"But I don't want to go without you!"

"You must!" She hands him over her satchel..

"These rings will be your most important possession"

She gasps as she hears and then sees the tribe running towards their direction. She quickly turning her attention back on Sonic.

"If you're ever discovered, use one..." She gently pushes Sonic closer to the portal with her wing.

"and never....stop...running, Now go!!!!"

He complies and runs through the portal... but then looks back, and sees her extending her wings to stop them from crossing through. Horrified, he starts running back.

"LONGCLAW!"

She then looks back at Sonic one last time as the echidnas get closer.

"Goodbye, Sonic..."

"NOOOOOOO!!!!" But before Sonic can get back to her, however...

"No, no...!"

"Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.......!!!!!!"

the portal disappears. Sonic then comes to a grinding stop, unable to process what just happened...but also coming to the realization that he is all on his own now...and has no other choice but to follow Longclaw's instructions.

THE BAD GUYS IN:

The Sonic The Hedgehog main logo for the film appears, reading out Sonic in bright blue lining and The Hedgehog in a red square underneath and the scene changes.

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG