The road trip plot

The family the the other two are now on the run in the middle of the highway.

"All right, pal, you need to start talking right now! Who are you? WHAT are you?"

"...i'm a hedgehog; I feel like that's obvious...and I'm in big trouble"

"Oh, you're in big trouble? You're not the one who punched some government weirdo back there!"

"You think you have problems? I lost my rings!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Okay...rings are how all advanced cultures travel between worlds; and now mine are on top of a pointy building I've only ever seen on your skintight t-shirt!" Tom is offended by the way he described it.

"So, i'd like you to take me to San Francisco so I can get back my rings and use them to go to the Mushroom Planet!"

"...Mushroom Planet"

"Yes!"

"Right..."

After a while, he pulls over, and opens the passenger door for a confused Sonic.

"Okay pal, out you go"

"I'm sorry, what?"

Then the bad guys stopped, "uh, why are we stopping?" Wolf asked.

"Look, this is the worst possible time for me to get myself into trouble, okay!? You asked me to save your life, I saved your life. Now please, go-...find your rings and your mushroom land"

as Sonic watches dejectedly even the bad guys watched, they were shocked.

"Hopefully i'm gonna wake up in a hospital bed and the doctor's gonna tell me that my colonoscopy was a big success, okay? So, goodbye"

Sonic while sadly stepping out of the truck, but seeing how sad sonic was.

Princess pulls on wolf's arm, "but wolf we can't leave him out here, people are after him.

"okay...goodbye"

"Goodbye. ..why aren't you leaving?"

"I don't know where San Francisco is"

"It's west"

"West?"

"I thought you were a cop and don't cops supposed to help people not abandon those in need" wolf calms him out.

"Straight shot, can't miss it. Ok look wolf you may have a life and a daughter but so do I, I mean I don't have a daughter, but I have a life"

"Fine. That's cool. I'm totally cool saying goodbye now"

"Tom, you can't just leave him he needs help"

"Wolf I love to help if I could"

"Yeah...but you're too much of a coward to do it"

"Excuse me, who do you think you are"

"I'm a FBI AGENT but you cops are all the same"

"Now wait just a minute bad guy"

"That's good guy to you"

Sonic speeds off in the direction Tom gave him, the latter chuckling at how easy that was... but exactly 4 seconds later, he comes back to the truck which startles Tom now soaking wet and covered in seaweed, along with a fish on his head.

"So, as I...crashed into the cold, dark water of the Pacific...I realized a few things. A, I have no idea where I'm going. B, Salt water stings. C, I shouldn't even be on this planet right now, but. I. am! Why?! Because you SHOT me"