The military gets in action

The Pentagon, night. The top members of the United States military sit down at a table in a joint meeting, held by Commander Walters, commander of the U.S. Armed Forces.

"20 minutes ago, an energy surge knocked out power across the entire Pacific Northwest. What do we know?"

"Well, our first instinct was it was an EMP. But electromagnetic pulses don't have that kind of power"

Air Force Chief of Staff: NASA has ruled out meteor strikes or solar flares.

"The Department of Energy says it's not a power plant malfunction"

"Well...sounds like we're really good at figuring out what it wasn't"

"This could be a prelude to a larger attack. I'm suggesting we scramble the Fifth and Sixth Regiment."

"No, no, no, no. This needs a much more sophisticated mind. Someone...who understands technology."

"You want to send in a lab rat?"

"Not just any lab rat. A lab rat with teeth"

"You're not suggesting who I think you're suggesting"

"I know he's a little weird"

"Weird?!"

"No. No. No way"

"He's a psychological tire fire! Who's got an wanted immate out and has him working for him"

"But he's also brilliant; Five PhDs, (and an) IQ off the charts. And his drone tech is revolutionary! Plus the immate has proven himself to be useful and resourceful"

"You're sure he can handle this? I'm more concerned about this immate"

"He has a perfect operations record. Remember the coup in Pakistan?"

"No"

"Or the uprising in Azerbaijanistan?"

"That's not even a country"

"Exactly. And you can thank Robotnik for that"

"I can't believe you're bringing that freak into this and this immate of his"

"Neither can I. But...we have no choice"

"But his immate, I heard what he's done, he's devious dangerous and insane, the tales I hear from him, he's-hes-"

"INSANE!" Diane was on the phone with the government that their sending in dr robotnik to green hills with his so called new partner.

"You can't be serious...I know dr. Robot I'm is a genius but his partner, he's crazy, you can't let this happen"

The bad guys were over hearing her conversation, they were concerned.

"Ok yes I know this is serious but you have to know what this immate has done...no you can't be serious right now, Thomas chesterfield"

Everyone gasped in horror by an old foe's name.

"He's unstable and he tried to kill his own daughter...but you can't....ugh"

she heads towards tom's house where the bad guys are visiting him for old times

Baseball diamond, day. The military has set up a detachment at the baseball diamond.

As this goes on, a large black truck slowly pulls in, catching the attention of ''Major Bennington''.

"What the...?"

A fold-out staircase opens and sets up as Dr. Robotnik steps out of the truck, wearing heavy sunglasses and an all black suit with red trims on the inside.