Valentine's Wish

It was a beautiful sunny Tuesday morning. It was Valentine's Day. A girl was lying on the bed wrapped in a grey and white duvet covering her up to her cheeks. Her beautiful dark long hair was spread across the pillow, from afar; someone might think that she was wearing a wave, because her hair was very dark long, and beautiful, complementing her pure white skin.

The sun shone beautifully on her face through the glass door from the balcony that was facing the ocean. She had forgotten to close the curtains last night after she came back to her room.

Due to the sun ray on her face, Elsa was awakened from her beautiful sleep. She rubbed her eyes trying to adjust her ocean blue eyes, to the ray of light reflecting through the ceiling glass wall in her white, grey, and black villa.

She smiled and jumped out of bed when she realized that it was Valentine's Day.

Valentine's Day is a day of love. This day is celebrated all around the World. Elsa has always dreamt of experiencing love. She had always wished for someone to be her "Val" on "Valentine's Day."

All through, Elsa's life she had never experienced love from the opposite sex. She had never lived in a family full of love, fun, and happiness. All she had experienced during her parents' years of marriage were fighting, crying, pains, sorrows, and heartbeat. She had experienced all of the adjectives to describe a broken home.

Elsa's parents were not the parents that were in love. They weren't the couples that people normally read about who fall in love after marriage. It was a forced relationship! It was a love-hate marriage. Her father hated her mother. They were forced to get married - because Elsa's mother, Mirabella got pregnant with her after a one-night stand with her father, Zealous. Elsa hated the fact that she was a child made from a wild night of just pleasure; but what could she do? She was already made.

Mirabella thought that during their marriage, Zealous would fall in love with her but she was wrong! She thought she was going to experience what she had read in books and watched in movies; she realized that before her death; "real life is different from fairytale."

"Life is not a fairytale!"

In life, there can be tragedy at times. Some love stories don't end with "and they lived happily ever after" because she didn't receive that.

Mirabella admired Zealous from afar and she was "the girl he never noticed." The girl he didn't wish to notice, until that drunk wild night. She was so much in love with him, that she lived with him in a loveless and abusive marriage for ten years.

Zealous hated Mirabella because she was poor. She was very, very poor. She was also a mixed race. Her mother was from Liberia and her father was from America. Zealous parents were the typical traditional Greek family. After they found out about what happened between Mirabella and Zealous; he was forced to get married to Mirabella. He didn't only deflowered her he also got her pregnant. The marriage made him so angry which grew the hate that he had for Mirabella.

He hated her because she was a mixed race. It was never his dream to marry someone who had an African background and it was not only that, she was poor. Poor beyond his imagination. There only reason why they attended the same school was because Mirabella was on a scholarship in Greece.

During their decade of marriage, Mirabella did all she could for him to love her. She was willing to bear the abuse she received because she wanted love. He would rape her every night, beat her, and bring in his mistresses, yet still, she took it all because she loved him.

Author's Question: "Is that love? Why will someone go through all of those things because of love?"

Elsa hates her mother for what she did to herself! She believed that her mother was obsessed with her father. Elsa believed that love is not abusive and painful.

If her mother loved her dad, she would have placed herself first. She would have loved herself. Her mother never loved herself, so that wasn't love to Elsa.

People fall in love when they, love the creator and themselves.

A person who declares they're in love and does not love themselves is not in love!

You can not say "I love you" to somebody; when you cannot say, "I love me!" You are either obsessed or in lust.

Mirabella worked hard to prove herself to Zealous. She was able to acquire wealth during her marriage with Zealous. She was able to acquire success, because of her linkage with the "Emeritus family."

Due to the toxic relationship Elsa grew up in, she concluded that she hadn't experienced the meaning of love. Her mother did care and support her- but she doesn't refer to it as love.

She believed that her mother didn't love her as she claimed she did. If her mother loved her enough, she wouldn't have died leaving her alone in this world, when she was just twelve years old. The man her mother had called husband and father to Elsa didn't even care. He didn't show up at her funeral. He doesn't even care about Elsa's existence. He was married and happy with his new family.

All Elsa wanted was someone to love her.

She got up from bed running her fingers through her dark black waist-long hair, which had turned into a bird's nest when she was asleep. She pulled down her black silk nightgown that had rolled up to her mid-thighs. Black complemented her pure white skin perfectly.

She walked to the balcony to enjoy the cool ocean morning breeze. The breeze kissed her pure white cheeks; her hair that she had just fixed a few seconds ago was flying all around - as the coconut trees breeze and ocean breeze passed by.

She closed her eyes inhaling the salty sea breeze. She closed her eyes to make a wish "I wish today I experience love," she said smiling as she imagined being kissed.

~~~~~~~~~~©©©©©~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

AN: Thanks so much for taking the time to read my work out of five million books.

Please don't forget to share your feedback by commenting, sharing, voting, and following for more.