Chapter 2 - First day

Every story starts somewhere. Why not start yours now.

August 2018

Viv's POV:

Lisa and I decided that it wouldn't hurt to try letting Rhaina live with us. We already had a fully furnished room that we'd been using as a guest bedroom so Rhaina could stay there. It wasn't anything fancy just a bed, a desk, and a few shelves. We agreed that instead of decorating it before hand we would let Rhaina choose how she wanted to decorate it once she got here.

"VIVVVV" Lisa yelled up to me. "We need to leave now or we're going to be late!"

I hurried downstairs and grabbed the keys. "I'm here. Let's go!"

Rhaina's POV:

Even though I had just been to London less than a month before it was still nerve wracking coming over here. And this time all alone. My father had decided to stay back in the States with his family, not that I really cared. In fact I was sort of glad he had decided to stay and not come here. That way he would be less....controlling. 

I grabbed my two suitcases and walked towards the exit, looking for my ride. A girl around my height with brown hair waved at me enthusiastically. A girl slightly taller girl with lighter brown hair stood next to her, that must be Vivianne Miedema. Before I'd signed with Arsenal I had little to no knowledge about any of the players in the WSL. During my week back in the States I'd done some research and read quite a lot about the leading goalscorer of the WSL and fellow Dutch player. Even though I'd grown up in Holland and was half Dutch, I play for the US under-19 team due to my father's wishes. 

I walked over to the pair of them and the shorter girl embraced me in a big hug, which I had not been expecting. 

"Lisa, let the girl breath." Vivianne said with a little laugh. "I'm Vivianne, but you can call me Viv." She said after the other girl let go of me. She gave me a little hug. "And this one who tried to suffocate you just now is Lisa."

I smiled at the pair of them. "Hey, I'm Rhaina, nice to meet both of you."

"Well are you ready to go see your new home?" Lisa said excitedly. I nodded and off we went to the car. 

Viv's POV: 

Despite how she looked Rhaina had a quite soft voice. Her accent was a bit hard to describe, it was American but with hints of Dutch and was that French? 

While we drove home Lisa kept going on and on about everything and anything. She pointed out a few buildings as we passed them and asked about a million questions. Rhaina responded with short answers and looked quite uncomfortable with all these questions. 

"Babe, I think you're scaring our new house mate with all of these questions." I said finally. Lisa glared at me and I saw Rhaina crack a little smile in the mirror. 

Once we arrived at home I helped Rhaina get her two suitcases inside. I had expected more than this but all she had was the two and a backpack. I mean moving your life halfway across the world for the next 6 years was pretty hard to do, much less doing that as a teenager. 

I opened the door to her room and looked at her. "Well this is your room. I know its nothing fancy but we thought it might be better if we decorated it once you were here instead of trying to guess what you'd like. I hope you like it." 

She smiled. "Thank you. It's great."

I let a little sigh of relief to myself. Being such a young kid I had kind of expected her to be more...entitled?...no that was the wrong word. I supposed I had expected her to be less shy and humble I suppose. I'm not sure why I thought this but I was glad she was like this. She sort of reminded me of myself. I had a feeling we would get along quite well.