soccer mom

Harry's draining fruit in vinegar for the children's snack, while Louis sits at the table reading the mail. He's shuffling through when he finds a magazine with a very proactive woman on it. Louis sighs and waves the magazine in the air. "Your son's ordered another one of these." Harry arches an eyebrow at the vague sentence and frowns when he sees the Playboy magazine. "Again? I thought he got over those." He says in disappointment.

"Clearly not," Louis mutters as he separates the piles of mail and magazines. "because he's got two more."

Harry sighs exhaustingly and takes the magazines from his husband, looking through them. "These are way worse than the ones you used to own." Louis rolls his eyes at Harry's remark and scoffs. "First of all, My father was the one that was convinced I'd marry a woman. You know I very much preferred your ass over some lady's tits– and I can now proudly prefer your tits over another's."

Harry laughs hard enough that his head falls back and takes a seat across from him. Audrey comes downstairs, knowing that her mom was making a snack for them. She climbs onto Harry's lap for a cuddle and he reciprocates, wrapping his arms around her and pulls her closer. Louis smiles at his daughter softly. "What were you doing, miss Audrey?"

"Pooping." She answers.

Louis blinks awkwardly and Harry laughs, kissing her forehead. "Did you wipe?" She hums in affirmation and snuggles further into his arms. "Is the strawberry shortcake done?"

"No, the fruit's still cleaning."

Harry returns to the previous conversation and sighs indulgently. "We have to talk to him."

"And do what, go and tie his hands behind his back?" The younger man rolls his eyes at his husband's quip. "No, you have to tell him not to do it so much."

"Do what, Mommy?" Audrey innocently wonders.

"Read, honey. We're talking about reading." Harry says.

Audrey frowns. "I thought it was good to read?"

Harry forces a smile. "Yes, it is good to read. You just don't want to do it so much that you go.. blind." He lifts Audrey off his lap and stands up. "I can't even deal with this right now, I've got to get ready for work."

"Me too!" She exclaims and runs off.

Harry pulls out the sponge cake to finish off the dessert. "You know I'm coming home late tonight, right?"

"I thought you said you were going to be on time, tonight?" Louis asks.

"No, I have to pick up Keke's shower gift." Harry reminds, referring to their close friend's baby shower. He's so excited for Keke's baby, especially after the couple agreed to have no more babies. "Have you seen my Victoria's Secret catalog?" He remembers.

Louis hums. "Yeah, it's in the bathroom with Junior."

Harry laughs in disbelief. "Am I going to have to hide that thing?"

Louis chuckles and gets rid of the mail, contemplating on throwing the magazines in the trash. He's so nonchalant about the situation, now that he understands that Junior has a significant other or whatever the hell he's calling it. But, Harry still doesn't know, and he has to bite his tongue to not say anything. Luckily, Harry's fairly distracted with Keke's baby shower and coaching Dakota and Delaney's soccer team. The latter was definitely interesting, since Harry is anything but athletic, but he seems to have fun with it.

The front door opens and Eileen, along with a couple friends come skipping inside. "Mom, guess what?!"

Harry raises an eyebrow from where he's spraying whipped cream. "What?"