bar mitzvah crashers

this chapter is inspired by The Bernie Mac Show. RIP legend ♥ 

After Louis' cum incident with Harry's sketchbook, he had to somehow cover it up, often needing to present his projects to the company. Recently, he's been working more hours, which explains why he has to leave in the morning to go to work, only hoping Louis gets the children to school on time. Harry puts his arm through the sleeve of his blazer, preparing for work. He reaches his hands up to his hair to feel his curls, that definitely needed refreshening, but Louis was still in the bathroom. "Lou, you've been in the bathroom for hours. Are you alright?" He calls. 

"Yeah, I'm fine, baby." Louis replies. 

"Well, I need to get in there." Harry says and tugs on the handle, only for it to not open. "Why's the door locked?" 

"Just hold on, I'll open it." He hears shuffling from the other side before Louis finally opens it, allowing him in. Harry wrinkles his nose cautiously, stepping inside. "Is it safe?" Louis forces a laugh and follows him toward the mirror. "I don't understand why you take so long, you have nothing to get ready for." Harry says. 

"It takes a lot of time to work on the stubble, baby. The shine doesn't just come naturally." Louis muses, stroking the hairs. Harry laughs. "What shine?" He pulls open the drawer and finds a white bag, raising an eyebrow. "What's this?" 

"Oh, that's trash, let me take that ou-" 

"No, wait a minute." Harry gently takes the bag back and digs inside it. "Hair dye for men, send the grey away?" Louis shrugs his shoulders like he doesn't understand a thing. "How did that get in there?"

Harry stares at him seriously. "Louis, what's going on?"

Louis sighs, shoving his hands into his sweatpants. "Okay, H, I found a grey hair." Harry creases his forehead, because the very visible grey hairs have been on his head for the past four years, and he never once complained about them. "Where, on your face?" He asks.

"Lower." 

"Your chest?" 

"Warmer."

Harry's eyes widen. "You're nuts!"

"Exactly," Louis confirms, pressing his lips together. "The right one." He adds. Harry laughs, pressing his palm to his mouth. "How did you even discover that?" Louis twists his lips. "Well, I was about to get in the shower and I was sitting here, clipping my toenails, and I look down and there's a white hair sticking out." Harry bites his lip so he doesn't show his amusement anymore than he already has. He doesn't want Louis to feel embarrassed about his discovery, or anything. Although he hasn't grown any grey hairs yet, grey hairs on his balls? He would die. "Oh, well, baby, it's not so bad. Grey hairs just prove how long you've been.. a man." 

"And how much closer I'm getting to dying." Louis murmurs. Harry cups his cheeks and speaks earnestly. "I'm serious, Lou, it's nothing bad. I quite like the grey hairs."

 The older man hums and kisses his nose. "I guess all that's important is if you like it."

"You, too."

✧˖°🌷𔘓‎ ָ࣪ ₊˚

Hours ago, the family received an email, informing them that Dakota would be bringing a hamster home. They provided them the transportation cage, and it's actual cage, along with it's necessities. Dakota would be bringing it back by Friday, but she was allowed to keep it for the week. When she returns home, Harry helps her set up the cage in her and her sister's bedroom. "Mommy, I'm so glad. I love Buddy, the hamster." Dakota says. 

"It was nice for your class to let you have him for the week." Harry mentions. 

"That's because I won the spelling bee." Dakota finally explains.