107 - Prom

UM. HOLY SHIT????? WE PASSED 100K READS???????? THANK YOU???????? 

Seriously, thank you guys so much for reading this fic! I love each and every one of you guys and I read through the comments on an almost daily basis. As a big thank-you for all the love you guys have given this fic, I decided to finally publish this oneshot on here, as well as my oneshot book that, up until now, has only been published and updated on Quotev. 

And so, without further ado, here's Rebecca and Leo for their curtain call :)

:)

Rebecca hadn't originally planned to go to prom, but when Piper dragged her to the mall to look at dresses, she had a change of heart.

Rebecca was definitely not a dressing-up kind of person, nor a dance person, nor a party person. She hated skirts that could potentially trip her up or rip and heels in general. She could flip and dodge monsters with the grace and lightness of a ballerina, but when it came to dancing, she had two left feet. And as for parties... well, the last one she'd attended involved her probably scarring poor Frank for life. Rebecca doubted he'd be able to look at hot dogs again without shuddering.

But Piper had found what she called the "Rebecca Dress."

It was a dark green, floor-length dress with cold-shoulder sleeves and a v-neck that looked a bit low for Rebecca's taste but was actually perfectly fine when she tried it on. The skirt was light and flowy and easy to move around in, and the fitted waistline made Rebecca look like she actually had curves to show off (and it was safe to say that she was flatter than a ruler).

Piper had given a very un-Piper-like squeal when Rebecca stepped out of the dressing room wearing the dress and badgered Rebecca into getting it whether she was going to prom or not.

Rebecca had pointed out that it seemed like a waste of money to get the prom dress even if she wasn't planning on actually going to prom, to which Piper had smugly responded, "All the more reason to go."

Rebecca had to admit that her friend had a point. So she agreed to go to prom.

Leo needed absolutely no convincing to agree to take her. Apparently, he'd been waiting for her to bring it up for a while.

"Are you sure you want to go?" Rebecca asked him at the Jackson-Blofis residence, where Sally Jackson had agreed to host Rebecca, Leo, Jason, Piper, Nico, and Annabeth for a casual dinner one night.

"Yeah, I'm sure!" Leo grinned. "We could have dinner at that taco place, then have your zombie guy drive us to the venue and pick us up when it's over. And after that..." His grin turned mischievous. "Well, I don't think you'll believe me, but I can show you an even better time with the lights off —"

He was cut off by an entire BLT sandwich smacking him in the face, thrown by an unamused Percy.

"Right here, Leo," he grumbled. "We're right here."

"Yes, please no sexual innuendos within hearing range of little ears," Sally agreed, holding Percy's baby sister Estelle.

"How about no sexual innuendos at all," Nico amended. "Especially not ones concerning my sister."

"Okay, but what if monsters attack while we're there?" Rebecca said, ignoring Leo's sexual innuendo.

Leo knocked on the wooden coffee table. "Hopefully that'll take care of it. Any other worries, Querida?"

"Well... I can't really... dance."

"That's nothing to worry about." Leo waved away Rebecca's concern. "If anything, I'll just show you how."