Chapter 6

Casey Roberts' POV
It was the next day; I was busy working at the farm today but I wondered how the date went between Hannah & Lianne, I haven't seen Hannah since yesterday when she left with her new what so called girlfriend, wait am I jealous? No, I can't be jealous at all. I shouldn't we're just friends, I can't even be crazy about her after thinking about it someone came up to me and touched me by the shoulder with cold hands, I turned around to see it was only Hannah, "Hey" I said breathlessly almost angrily, I saw that she made a confused look at me, "Is everything ok, Casey?" she asked brushing Anna without any eye contact with me whatsoever, "No everything's fine, how was your date last night with Lianne? I didn't see you come home" I asked trying not to get jealous, I felt that she was staring at me while I was brushing Cornelius, "It was fine, I guess" I heard her say shrugging her shoulders, "Really?" I asked "Yeah, I mean she's great and sweet" she answered, I wonder what happened between the two of them last night, she seemed to unsettled to talk about it so I left it alone and went back to brushing Cornelius until I heard a vehicle coming through the driveway, I looked at the time, who was here this early? Hannah also heard it, "Are you expecting somebody today?" she asked looking at me "No" I answered truthfully, she looked at me in confusion that was when I saw she headed out of the farm leaving Anna alone which got her snort in confusion. I walked up to her to give her attention along with Cornelius until I heard something from a distance, I walked up to the second I see a guy almost her age soon started realizing it was impossible to see what he looked like that was when my mind popped up to see it was Michael Masson with another woman who had looked very familiar to me, "What are you doing here, Mike? You know, I can't be seen here with you here with Keeley sister's rule" I heard Hannah say from a distance, "I know but I need you're help, I can't do it alone" I heard Michael say "Fine, I'll do it but it won't happen again understand" she pointed at him "I need to use one of the ranch's horses along with Keeley" he told her "Fine but don't you dare make me regret it, follow me" she said with Michael & Keeley following along right behind her, what was that all about? I decided to act like I didn't hear anything and petted Anna to act like I gave her some attention, "Pick whatever horse you need just not Dagger because he's not ready yet or trained" Hannah said, I heard Micheal snicker right behind me, "You still have him?" Michael asked "Of course, we do but we've never ridden him in over a year when they brought him in" she explained "Wow that's...fascinating" I rolled my eyes hearing some girl's voice that annoyed the heck out of me. I looked her atrociously them like I was wanting to hurtle right at them, "Hey Case" I heard Michael's annoying voice talking to me, I wasn't expecting him to see me or his friend, I saw that Hannah was looking right at me with a stern expression look on my face, "You know, Michael. Why don't we leave right now? Let me go get Anna and we'll head out" I heard her ask trying to give me a sign for something, what the heck was she doing to me? I held onto Cornelius & Anna with a tight hand grip on the ropes already on the two, I saw that Hannah was heading over towards me with a slight grin on her face, I looked at her knowing something was wrong with her face but somehow something changed my mood from behind between her and Michael along with his friend, she reached for Anna who she had been hanging onto ever since she left her hanging out at her stall brushing her, "Thanks for keeping her company while I was away for a few minutes" she smiled at me softly, I smiled back slightly, I saw that she had walked all over me reaching for something, "Excuse me, I need to grab the saddle for Anna" she said, I looked up where her hand was noticed it was on top of me trying to reach for the saddle for Anna, "Let me get it for you" I offered that got me to put her aside so I could reach it for her myself, she took a step back and let me grab the saddle for her so I grabbed it.

I turned around to look at her notice how close we were together, I bit my lower lip knowing how cute she looked from above me, "Here's your saddle" I said softly, she smiled at me, "Thanks" she gently grabbed her saddle from my hands accidentally touching them, I got a little tensed when I felt a hand touch, why do I feel nervous all of sudden? I felt my face heat up in reality this was the moment I felt when we were childhood friends with each other but somehow we felt a connection between us that was never going anywhere with each other. "I gotta go, I'll see you later" she said "I'm not going anywhere tonight because I'm working all day today until 7pm" I told her with her a smirk, she smiled back at her and slightly waved at me but somehow something happened that didn't make sense from someone's annoying voice, "Hey Cutie" someone says from behind me using her sexual temper, I rolled my eyes annoyed when someone tried talking to me, I decided to deal with it since Hannah's been MIA with me these past 2 days of being here, "Whatever it is, we ain't selling anything or selling any horses so you can go away" I said making a movement, they scoffed, "You really think, I want a horse" they said to me, I rolled my eyes annoyed and decided to turn around to look at whoever was talking to me, I saw it was only Micheal's friend from earlier, "I doubt that, Keeley" I said feeling angry "Oh, come on girl. You can't still be mad about the whole incident thing back at school. It wasn't my fault that you're precious girlfriend left to go to school elsewhere 2years ago" I heard her mouth run, I balled my fists in almost wanting to punch her in the face with my barehands, I can't believe she called Hannah out like that, who does she think she is for talking about my best friend like that? I tackled her like a wild animal and gripped onto her shirt, "Don't ever talk about Hannah like that!" I snapped still gripping on her shirt, Keeley tried shoving me off her and runs her mouth again. "I wonder what she'll do if I ask her unexpectedly to see if she'll go out with me" she said with a wicked smirk on her lips, I snarled at her as if I was almost about ready to throw a punch her face that was when all of sudden someone came over to me before I did something that I'll regret doing for the rest of my life, I felt cold hands around my waist near my stomach, "What the heck, Case?" I heard it was from Hannah who looked at me shocked and pulled me away from her, "What is wrong with you?" Hannah asked, I started to wonder why I almost punched her straight in the face.