chapter three: Liam is gay.

Evan...

I can feel my breathing getting intense. Why can't I just get rid of this feeling?. I think I'm cursed.

As I continue to console myself, a nurse stepped into the room and asked Liam to move to the side. She asked me a few questions about how I was feeling and I answered smoothly.

She gave a some drugs and asked me to leave as soon as the bell rings for dismissal. She take a quick glance at Liam, and then at me. She smiled and muttered.

"You two look good together." She said and walked out leaving me speechless and awkward.

"So... Can I drop you off at your house?." He asked after a moment silence. I immediately denied his offer.

"No you don't have to border yourself. I'll be fine." I smiled.

"I don't think so. Allow me lead you home. You're not too strong to go home alone. My brother cursed all these trouble for you. Please let me help." He pleaded. And I looked through what he just said and nodded slowly with a defeated sigh.

"Great!." He exclaim in joy.

"Why the sudden pleasure of taking a injured guy to his house?." I asked curiously.

"Well it's nothing." He smiled and supported me out of the bed with my left arm resting in his shoulder.

While we walk past some kids, they kept staring at us and whispering. I got confused. I have never gotten such glares from others before.

"Did something happen while I was in a coma?." I asked curiously.

"Well... Yes. I got into a fight with my brother. He's a jerk and need to be treated like one." He replied with a small smile.

"Is it because of what happened between I and his friends?." I asked again and he slowly nodded.

"But it's not just that. We've never been on good terms. So we've our own issues. You don't have to bother yourself." He assured.

"But why did you help me in the first place. Everyone knows this is not the first time Damien and his friends bullied other students. Why did you stand up for me and fought your brother?." I asked desperately crying for mercy for what's coming my way next.

"Because... Well... I ummm kind of... Feel like it. You don't have to border yourself. I'll be okey handling him to stay away from you." He said and I can't help feeling he's hiding something away from me. But why does it matter to me. It's he's secret after all.

He lead me to his fancy red sport car. He opened the passenger seat for me and guard me to sit gently and closed the door with a smile. He walked around and sat in the driver's seat and glanced at me.

"So where is your house location?." He asked gently.

"It's at the left street after that junction." I explained and he nodded slowly.

"And please drive slowly. I'm terrified of crazy driving." I pleaded with a slow smile.

"Really?. That's cool. But I won't drive in a rush. You don't have to remind me. By the way, you look kind of cute today." He praised and I blushed and averted my gaze to the street.

"Now that's the face I've been dying to see." He exclaimed and I laughed with him.

"Do you mind starting the car now?. Some annoying students kept glaring at us." I suggested and he nodded before starting the car.

He drove a little slowly and kept chatting with me so I won't feel left out.

"What's your favorite song?." He asked.

"WYD now." I replied and he smiled slowly and turned on the music on his phone and connected it to his car Bluetooth. He listened to the song while I sing along without missing a single word.

"Wow you sure have a sweet voice Evan. This is also the song that calms me down but I can't learn how to sing it that easily." He stated and I stopped singing and glanced at him.

"You don't have to feel bad about it. It took me weeks to learn this song since I have no spare time for music." I replied with a slight laugh.

Soon we arrived at my house gate. To be honest, I don't want to leave because hanging out with Liam is fun. I smiled at him and was about to open the door when he suddenly placed his hand on mine. I stopped and turn to him.

"You look fine to be with. How about we hangout together some other time?." He asked gently.

"Are you asking me out?." I curiously asked.

"Yeah. Obviously I am." He replied.

"Well I don't think I can... But I'll be there as soon as I'm done catching up on those subjects I've missed today." I replied.

"Okay. Can I have your phone number so I can call you on where well meet up tomorrow?." He asked while handing me his phone to type down my phone number.

I hesitated before accepting his cellphone and typing my phone number on it. Then he collected his phone and saved my number with what so ever I don't know.

I stepped out of his car and waved him goodbye as I watch his car speed away in a distant.

But when I turn around to enter my gate, my elder sister Lora leaning at the door with an expression of hatred written all over her face.

"So now you're hanging out with Liam?." She asked. Oh I forgot to tell Liam not to stop by my gate so my elder sister wouldn't see his car. Now she thinks I'm hanging out with her ex.

"No. He's just helping me get home after his jerk brother did this to me." I explained. But she just scoffed and said the word I wasn't expecting to hear.

"Liam is a player. He's gay. He'll dump you just like he did to me after I found out he's gay." She blurted. But then I just get rid of that thought and faced my sister.

"I don't really care. And why do you think I'll date him?. It's not as if I'm gay. He's gay that's he's business. He saved my life earlier today in school. He's my friend and I honestly don't care what others think about him." I said and walked past her into my house. And without wasting time, I rushed to my room and slammed the door to focus on my school work which I've missed.