Chapter thirty four: New age...

******

The loud crashing of the glass jug frightened Evan so much that he began to cry. He was afraid Damian will hurt him like Dylan did the very first time they met. Damian who sensed Evan struggle, felt guilty for what he just did. He hurried to Evan's side to comfort him. But Evan cried even more and beg for release.

"Alright I'll tell you! Just stop crying already. I won't hurt you, I promise.... " Damien anxiously announced.

"Really?." Evan asked wiping off his tears with the back of his palm.

"Of course. Also, I wanna take you out on a walk. I figured it's good for your health to move around now." Damien smiled. Evan nodded with a pout.

"Also, happy birthday to you Evan. I'm sorry you have to be unconscious during your past three birthdays. Though your friends from school came to visit with gifts and also check up on you." Damien sadly informed as he held Evan's hand softly.

"You mean I'm 20 years old already?" Evan asked with mouth agape. Damien nodded but soon realized Evan can't see him. So he responded.

"Yes... And for my gift, it's special. I just want you to regain your sight and be well again..." Damien smiled gently. Evan squeeze Damien's hand as he try to fight back his sad tears.

"And when's that gonna be?." He asked.

"Dr Philip said you just woke up from a coma and your body is not ready for the surgery. We'll have to wait for two months or more before he run a test on you. But trust me when I say I'll always be here for you during those months." Damien assured. But Evan was too emotional to fight his tears now.

"You mean I'm gonna be stuck with this darkness for months?." Evan cried while shaking like a kid having seizures. Damien consolation made Evan calm again after some minutes of sobbing.

Confirming Evan's readiness to go outside, Damien asked his men to get the wheelchair from downstairs. They soon arrived with it and Damien gently supported Evan into the wheelchair.

"Why can't I just walk? I mean I'm not crippled, right?." Evan pout. Damien shook his head with a smile.

"You're not crippled love. It's just that I don't want you to hurt yourself or walk into dangerous objects. So it's best you use this wheelchair. Alright?." Damien asked.

"Love?!?. What do you mean?" Evan asked looking confused at Damien's new pet name for him. Damien laughs through his nose and shrug his shoulders.

"I just wanna call you that from now on. Or will you go with little pumpkin?" Damien teased and Evan screamed a big "NO!"
Damien burst out laughing again before started moving Evan's wheelchair to the exit.

****Minutes later******

"Where are we?." Evan asked immediately Damien stopped riding him. Damien stood before the poor boy and squatted down beside him.

"We're beside the little lake in my garden. The wind here is quite refreshing. The sun is down a little. So it's good we chat here. Happy?." Damien asked with a smile and Evan nodded gently.

"I figured out you'd be hungry after such a long sleep. So I brought food, fruits, orange juice and snacks. We have fried chicken, sandwich, scrambled eggs, rice and source, soup, French fries.... There's apple here, red and blue cherries and berries, oranges, papaya or more. For now you can't eat snacks. So what'd you want to eat first?." Damien asked. Evan mouth water at the thought of those lovely food Damien just mentioned.

"I'll start with the scrambled eggs, rice and source, fried chicken and orange juice." Evan excitedly mentioned with googly eyes. Damien let out a soft laugh and snapped his fingers for his maids to do as the boy just said.

When the maids are done serving the dishes accordingly, they bowed respectively before taking their leave.

"I'm hungry! Can I eat now?." Evan pout.

"I'll feed you myself." Damien said as he took the plate of rice and source and scope a  spoonful of it before gently leading it to Evan's mouth. "Say ah" Damien asked and Evan opened his mouth after pouting for some seconds.

After some minutes of feeding the cute hungry boy, Damien stopped to admire his beauty. And nothing much changed in him. His eyes colour is more beautiful and brighter than before. His lips are plumbed and full with it's reddish glory displaying under the red light before them. His brown hair was cut off during the coma. But it grew back slowly and more lighter than the brownish one he had before. 'Evan is so perfect' Damien thought.

"I'm full now." Evan announced breaking Damien from his flow of wild thoughts.

"I'm sorry dear. Here have water." Damien hand Evan a glass of water. He look down the bowl and was amazed how Evan managed to devour so much from the food and fruits on the table.

"Stop staring at me!." Evan cried childishly as he obsessed the silence around him again.

"Oh no I'm not staring. I'm just amazed you ate much." Damien smiled and Evan gulp down the whole glass of water in one go. Damien sat speechless as he watched. Evan returned the glass and Damien took it without averting his gaze from Evan's face.

"Can you stop staring now?. I might be blind but I can sense your glares at me." Evan mumbled.

"Okey. Lemme quickly take this opportunity to say this if you'll allow me." Damien asked. Evan nodded slowly in approval.

"Perfect..... So please can you tell me how and when you meet Dylan?." Damien asked while he took a seat beside Evan.

********

New chapter out! Vote and drop a comment
Thank you 💕