I just broke a story

So, me and my friend CryoFangs549 have been taking about a story idea that she originally had and I asked her if I could use it, and if she could help me with it, an dshe said yes to both questions.

In a writing guide on Wattpad, called "Yuffle's Writing To-dos" (I think that's it, lol),  there's a chapter titled, "Have a great story idea? Now break it".
In it, you're supposed to take an idea and turn everything on its head.
That's what I've been doing to this idea.

The original plan was "dragon paranormal investigators".

One day, I had a crazy idea: what if the story . . . . was from the ghost's perspective?

And then, today, I had a major breakthrough.
Here's the basic summery, not an offical one, but the is just the general idea that I had for the plot.

This doesn't take place on Earth, and I haven't decided yet if the race of being in this world are going to be the canines from another idea that I had, or if they'll be dragons.
Anyway, here we go.

In this world, there's a deity that has rules that everyone must follow in order to get an afterlife. If a ghost is angery or didn't realize that they were already dead and are distracted and *1 looking back at their past life instead of moving to their reward, they'll get stuck. If a soul is lost, there's a well that they can bathe in to clean themselves, but it only fills up with water for four day annually, so that's the time these souls can wash themselves. If they don't wash themselves on time, the Evils will seize them; they'll become damned. The Evils will make their spirits physical, but the demons will have control, the real spirit will be in the back, and won't be able to do anything to stop the *2 demon.

The MC (main character) is going about their (I'm not sure if it'll be a boy or a girl) normal life, when they suddenly die, and wake up almost a week later, just a few days before the well fills up. MC is awakened by a group of paranormal investigators who are investigating their death area. Because in this world, ghosts can't leave their haunting until this time of year and even then, can't go anywhere without a physical being guiding them, the paranormal detectives eventually agree to help MC get to the well.
MC tries to convince themself that they were murdered, because, murder being on of the Unbreakable rules of this world, they're killer is now damned and got what they deserved.
However, at some point when they and the investigators are close to their destenation, MC finds out that, really, they died of an accident, and, in their mind, they were a victim, not of a murder, but but divine providence. They get angery with the Deity and the demon, who's been haunting MC the whole journey, takes the chance to take control, and almost completely infects MC, and in the conflict, MC becomes semi-physical and kills someone in their demonic rage.
The inhabitants of the village that the characters have to go through, chase after MC, who temporarilly regains control of themself, realizes what they've done, and forces themself into hiding.

Despite everyone's warnings, the main detective, the one who's been helping MC the most this whole time, goes after them and confronts them.
MC almost kills them, then catches themself, runs off and hides again.
MD (main detective) finally finds and comes back again, and this time, MC doesn't run; they're just so drained, they have nowhere
to go, but try to warn their friend away from  them.
MC explains that, despite the fact that it was the demon that killed the innocent (probably a child), the blood is on their hands.

*3 However, the child's ghost comes to MC and says that they forgive them and that it was only an accident.
MC forelornly insists that it was their fault.
The young spirit explains that they aunt and uncle (they're an orphan) were very cruel to them in life and that they're excited about moving on and seeing their parents.
But, they now forgive them, and want to tell them goodbye before moving along.

So, the other characters agree to help the child find them, and when they do, it turns out that the child's uncle is the one leading the mob and is in mourning for his neice, as it is revealed that his last promise to his dead brother, was to take care of his child, and now feels guilty for having mistreated them.
The child appears alone at first, to say that they forgive their uncle and that he doesn't have to feel bad for them.
However, they tell that they don't want him to get revenge on MC because the child wants them to get to the well so that they can be saved like they are. The uncle reluctantly agrees (he breaks down during this conversation) and fights to stop the mob from going after MC.
He sheepishly admits that the first time MC
materialized, he called the mob and that they're on their way as they speak.
The child wishes MC good luck, says a few final words of goodbye, and disappears.
CU (child's uncle) helps MC and *4 MD escape the mob and get to the well, where, after conquering the demon, MC baths, and the conflict is resolved.

*1: Looking back is another rule: family members and loved-ones are allowed a mourning period of three to four weeks, and then, they are to throw out any belonging's of the dead, in order to move forward in life.

*2: The demons (I still have to come up with an original term for them) will form an army at the end of the world and destory any remaining living at that time. However, those who have lived by the Rules and fights for freedom, will be saved and join their loved one in the afterlife.

*3: MC was visiting the child's death spot

*4: The main detective came with the ghosts

So, what do you think, CryoFangs549?
Do you have any ideas?
What way do you think should be the way to kill or drive out Evils?

What about you, my good reader?
What do you think about this concept?
Do you prefer dragons are canines?
Have you ever read paranormal stories, or, maybe even had a paranormal encounter?
Do you have an title ideas?
Let me know!

Renx out!